Monday, January 5, 2015

Beauty Saves & Splurges

Today I thought I'd share some of my favorite beauty saves and splurges with y'all. 

Vaseline Lip Therapy 
I've raved about this before, but I am obsessed with Vaseline Lip Therapy. I put it on every night before bed, especially since the air has been so dry this winter. At $1.77, it's a great deal! I've bought a little container for my aunts and my mom! 

Chanel Lumiere Foundation
The Chanel Lumiere foundation is a huge splurge for me at $57, but it has made such a difference in my skin! I thought the foundation I used before was amazing, but after I put this on, I'd never switch back! It's build-able, so I've stopped using concealer for blemishes, and my skin almost glows after I put this on my face. I love it! 

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 
Like I mentioned above, my skin/lips always get a bit dry during the winter. This hand cream is my absolute favorite! I interact with a lot of people on a daily basis, so I'm always using hand sanitizer and washing my hands to avoid germs, which makes my hands dry. My family keeps tubes in our house for everyone to use on their hands, because it's amazing! It's extremely thick, so you don't use a lot, and it's a definite "save" at only $12 per tube.

Chanel Hydrating Sheer Lip Shine 
This lip color is a splurge at $35, but it's become a necessity in my daily makeup routine. I love how soft and hydrated it makes my lips, plus it's a great light color for work. I use the shade "Boy."

Bobbi Brown Blush
I've been using Bobbi Brown blush for at least 6 years now. It's a splurge at $27, but it lasts all day, and I probably only buy new blush every two years.

Aveeno Pure Renewal Dry Shampoo
This is my absolute favorite dry shampoo. It smells fresh and makes my hair look like it's just been washed, plus it's a steal at $10. It's a bit hard to find, but I usually find it at Ulta!

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo 
My Ulta had run out of the Aveeno Dry Shampoo, so I picked this up in a pinch at Target a few weeks ago. It actually works really well, but it does make my hair a little bit frizzy and I'm not a fan of the scent. However, it was only $5, so I'd pick it up again if I couldn't find the Aveeno!

Clarisonic Mia 
My skin is oily and tends to break out, so the Clarisonic Mia has helped my skin tremendously. When I don't use it daily, I can tell a difference in my skin--it doesn't feel as fresh or clean, and it breaks out. It's definitely a splurge at $99, but it's well-worth it!

What are some of your beauty splurges and saves? Have a great Monday!

Miss Southern Prep 

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of that Chanel foundation as well. I tend to splurge on make-up and save on basic body products since I don't like many scents anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things Bobbi Brown and Chanel and the vaseline lip therapy is the best! I will have to check out some of these other products!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about what other people use! I will have to check out that foundation; it sounds like a worthwhile splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kind of posts! I've been doing my research on the Mia & I think I really, really need it!

    xoxo, SS

    www.TheSouthernStylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!