Tuesday, November 4, 2014

No Spend November

So technically I already failed this challenge because I had some items to return/exchange on Saturday, but I'm counting November 2nd as my "first day" of November. I've been shopping a lot, and honestly, it's a lot of unnecessary spending. I've been super stressed and anxious lately, and shopping is how I've channeled that energy. I'm not in credit card debt or anything like that, but my money could go towards better goals that I have (building up my savings before I move, saving for furniture, etc.). Hence my new goal: No Spend November. 


Here are my rules for No Spend November: 

-I can shop if someone gives me money (i.e. my parents just gave me money to buy some new work clothes) 
-I can buy Christmas gifts for my family with money that I've already set aside. 
-I can buy necessary items (i.e. toiletries). 

So basically I'm trying to cut out unnecessary sending & I'm hoping not to spend until my birthday in early December! Wish me luck! 

Is anyone else on a spending freeze? Happy Tuesday! 

Miss Southern Prep 

10 comments:

  1. I have been spending too much lately as well, but there have been so many great sales that have been hard to resist! I need to cut back/out on my unnecessary spending as well.

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to join this challenge as well! My problem is always setting a budget and sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rules - I've found that ever since graduating college, I impulse spend a lot less in general.

    Ps: Totally agree with your can shop if someone else gives me money rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Southern Prep,

    I have been doing the exact same thing and I have challenged myself not to spend anymore money on clothes, shoes or accessories until Black Friday!!! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to do this a few months ago and failed a couple times but overall I saved a lot of money. It is amazing how many things you really don't need. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also said I was going on a spending freeze, and then broke it over the weekend. I am going to try to only buy gifts for others for the rest of the month, and in December too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am doing a no spend November too! Mine is in anticipation of black friday sales. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to do more thoughtful purchases instead of a spending freeze (because sometimes a really good opportunity... aka a sale, arises). I find that this time of year I'm just focused on Christmas gifts anyways, so I try to save my money for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to do this. I need to pay off what I have bought, work on buying Christmas presents. Also I need to save save save for a Chicago trip in May.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!