Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Getting Out of a Funk + Me Before You Book Review

Do you ever have one of those days when you're just in a funk? Nothing necessarily bad happened, but you just want to go home and curl up in your bed with lots of blankets and a cup of hot tea? Yesterday was one of those days for me. I was SO tired all day--two venti Starbucks lattes seemed to do nothing for me, and everyone I interacted with was just irritating me. So I went home after work  and this is what my night looked like: 

Planning my schedule for the next day 

Blogging while drinking hot tea 

Finishing up my book 

Watching one of my all-time favorites, Bethenny Getting Married (for the 803574th time)

It was exactly what I needed! Sometimes after work, I just want to come home and zone out. It's hard for me, because I think of the other hundred things I could be doing, but tonight, I needed some relaxation time. 

How do you get out of your funk? 
________________________________________


I planned on writing my review of Me Before You later this week, but I had to share my thoughts! Here's a brief synopsis: Will Traynor is a quadriplegic who was injured in a car accident a few years ago. He has been wheelchair-bound since the accident, leaving him depressed and wishing that he could return to his previous life, which was filled with adventure and traveling. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl who loses her job at a cafe and agrees to work as a caregiver for Will. Although it takes them time to warm to each other, Louisa and Will become quite close, and Louisa makes it her mission to show Will that life is still worth living. 

I'm not going to lie, it took me a long time to finish this book. It was a bit slow at first, but once I got to the middle, I was hooked and couldn't put it down! Then life got in the way, and it probably took me another week to finish the last 50 pages of the book. However, I picked up right where I left off, and got right back into it. Overall, it was sad, but I'd definitely recommend it! I've passed it along to friends, but I warned them they should be ready for lots of tears! 

Have a wonderful day! 

Miss Southern Prep 

6 comments:

  1. I felt the same way yesterday - very sluggish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is on my reading list! I have felt the same way lately, but working out always seem to help get me out of my funk.

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book sounds really good, you should try out an older book-Izzy Willy Nilly, it's got a similar story line & it's such a favorite of mine!

    xoxo, SS

    www.TheSouthernStylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been going through that as well! Pinterest quotes always help me!

    xoxo
    lawfullysassy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. get into funks like twice a month! They are just as you described, I cant wake up and everyone gets on my last nerve. I usually let myself blow off barre and do what I want for the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we all have those days! Normally, I will call my best friend who has the perfect jokes to crack me up. Sometimes, I will listen to dance music. My favorite method to get out of a funk this year has been making gratitude lists. I list 8 or 9 things I am thankful for, and it helps to change my perspective. Happy Thursday :)

    www.lovecompassionatelee.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!