Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Randoms

Here are some of my random thoughts on this fall Friday: 

No Spend November 
We're only a week into November, and the shopping struggle is real. I never knew how much I shopped, y'all! I saw a bag on sale and almost bought it yesterday, before realizing that I was on a spending freeze! I'm excited about how much money I'm saving, though. 

Hunter Boots 
I've been waiting for these for a while, and finally ordered them the day before Halloween! They just arrived, so it was a nice treat to come home to after work. I bought the adjustable back boots in black gloss (I have larger calves). For any of y'all that have Hunter boots, is it normal for the ankle to be so wide? It fits well on my calves, but it just seems like you'd need cankles to fill the ankle part! 

New Job 
I'm starting a part-time job with a company I really love on Monday! I'm combining it with my current job (hello, 60 hour work weeks), but I'm so excited! It's a wonderful opportunity, and I'm excited to share more about my job as it progresses! 

The Husband's Secret 
I'm beginning this book tonight! I've heard so many great reviews, so I'm excited to share what I think with y'all! 

Ann Taylor Stretch Leggings 
I'd been wanting a pair of the Lilly travel pants for a while, but I stumbled upon these Ann Taylor leggings a few weeks ago, and they're so similar! The Ann Taylor ones are about $30 cheaper, but there's always a promotion running, so you can score them for a lot less! They're a heavier work pant material, so they don't look like leggings, but are just as comfortable as leggings. 

Lilly Wreath DIY 
Mom and I are making fabric wreaths this weekend, like the one above. I'm planning on using a Lilly shift that I found at the Junior League consignment store when I was volunteering, as well as some burlap, and another Lilly wrap that I no longer use. I'm really excited to see how it turns out! 

What's been going on with y'all? Happy Friday! 

Miss Southern Prep 
*Quote, Book, & Wreath via Pinterest 

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy that I just stumbled accross your blog! I absoultly love it!! NO spend November! I am going to join the club
    !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new part-time job that sounds exciting! I love that DIY Lilly wreath!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to here more about the new job! I love the idea of a LP wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Lilly wreath is going to be SO cute, will you please post a DIY? Also, I know this is really weird, but is there anyway that you could measure your calf? I have wide calves, but I'm just not sure the Hunter's will work for me! That is so weird about the ankles, by the way.

    xoxo, SS

    www.TheSouthernStylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly don't know what I would do without my hunters, there such a great investment! You'll love The Husband's Secret, it's amazing (Big,Little Lies by her is phenomenal too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Lilly travel pants, however I've found it's good to have all kinds of legging pants in my closet. The Lilly pants aren't as tight as leggings, they look more like fitted black pants.

    -Lauren
    www.prettypiecesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on a no spend when it comes to makeup. I have so much that it gives me anxiety, and I don't even use a quarter of it. You can do it!
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!