Friday, October 17, 2014

Reading List

Honestly, I've been watching too much TV and Netflix lately. In an effort to cut back, I went out and got a few books that I've been wanting to read. Here are the books in my to-read pile:

If I Stay
I'm about 3/4 of the way finished with this one, and it's so sad, but good! I'm hoping to watch it before I see the movie!

Me Before You 
I got this book from my mom, who read it in two days! She said it's so sad, but such a great love story. If you're not familiar with this book, click here to read a synopsis. I'm about a 100 pages in, and  I'm hooked! I stayed up way too late last night reading it.

The Husband's Secret 
I'm on a waiting list at the library for this book (read synopsis here), but I've heard that it's SO suspenseful and really makes you think about choices in your life! Mom said she thought about it for days after she finished!

True Colors 
I loved Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah, as well as Winter Garden. All of her novels are tear-jerkers, but I love them. I found this novel in my house (it must have been loaned to someone at some time haha), and it sounds intriguing. It's about three sisters who bond after their mother's death. It seems like it will be a quick read!

Do y'all have any other suggestions? I'll make sure I let y'all know my opinions when I finish each book! Have a lovely day!

Miss Southern Prep 

9 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that your mother gives you suggestions. My mother doesn't read as much as I do so we are reversed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read If I Stay this summer and was very ambivelant after I finished it. I'm curious to hear your thoughts. I also read The Husband's Secret and was obsessed! It was amazing! Big, Little Lies by her is also insanely good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to a little reading this weekend! I definitely need to be better about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read If I Stay a reallllly long time ago, back when I was in high-school (now I'm a college senior!) and I was so excited that it was made into a movie! I may have to go back and re-read it before I see the movie!

    xoxo, SS

    www.TheSouthernStylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read If I Stay a couple months ago and it's a good book, I want to get the next one, Where She Went! I also really want to read Me Before You, I have hear such great thing about that book. Great suggestions!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started reading the Outlander series a few weeks ago. I'm on book 2 of 8...very good reads. (there's also a series based on the books on Starz)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading the book before it comes out as a movie. It always gives me a little motivation to power through the pages too. If I Stay is definitely on my list! :)

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed some new recommendations!

    Thank you :)

    Xx
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!