Monday, October 13, 2014

Life Lately

Here are a few things I've been up to lately:

I went to an apple festival with my parents last weekend. It was interesting to say the least haha. Not sure if we'll be returning, but the Blue Ridge Mountains are SO gorgeous in the fall. We brought all of these apples home!

Sometimes being in the country is so refreshing. It was chilly, and I enjoyed the two hour road trip there. The view was gorgeous, and the air was so fresh.

I found these thank you notes in the $1 section at Michael's last week. Aren't they so cute?! I try to buy nicer stationery, but I keep these in stock for little notes to my friends or family.

I'm obsessed with pumpkins. Mom has a whole display at our house!

I picked up five little pumpkins last week and glittered two of them. I love the gold one so much! All I did was paint Mod Podge on the pumpkins, then I sprinkled glitter on them. Voila!

I wrote here about my dilemma regarding gel nails, but every winter, I'm convinced to try them again.  I got gel again this weekend, so I'll keep y'all updated on them. I'm always hoping they'll be better the next round!

I saw Gone Girl last weekend. I read the book a few months ago, and honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of the book. However, the movie was really great! It was a bit long, and I probably wouldn't watch it over and over, but it was so good! Much better than the book, in my opinion.

Nordstrom seriously has the best customer service. They price-matched a Tory Burch purse I wanted about a month ago, which made me so happy. Then the Tory emblem got chipped this week, so I put in a phone call, and a new one is on it's way to me! SUCH amazing customer service.

What have you been up to? Have a great week!

Miss Southern Prep

8 comments:

  1. That is great customer service! I just started reading Gone Girl. I think I'll finish the book and see the movie later on. I get annoyed with gel nails because my nails grow very quickly and find myself back at the salon getting it taken off. When I've tried to take it off myself, the texture of my nails seems to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I just wrote the exact same thing about the Gone Girl movie. I liked it better than the book too. Love the stationary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome weekend. I always love the Michael's $1.00 stationary. One can never have too much stationary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to see the GG movie. I also keep a stash of pretty stationary, it's so fun. Your apple trip looks so fun!! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nordstrom really does have awesome customer service!

    I got a big bag of honey crisp apples this weekend but not as fresh as yours! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that stationary was only a dollar! I have been wanting to see Gone Girl, I have heard from so many people that it is a great movie!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your glittered pumpkin! I'm on a mission to find some cheap ones that I can do that with to display in our guest room (since the boyfriend doesn't really do girly accents in the rest of the house, lol)

    xoxo, SS

    Www.TheSouthernStylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also like your glittered pumpkins. Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!