Monday, September 15, 2014

Transitioning Your Wardrobe into Fall

Confession: I never switch out items in my closet for different seasons. I wear a lot of dresses, and I try to wear a lot of them year-round (with the exception of Lilly dresses). Where I live is hot and humid, and although we do have seasons, it never snows and there's never really a need for a heavy jacket. Here are some outfits and tips I have for transitioning your wardrobe into colder seasons:

Casual

Transitioning into Fall: Casual

-I always pair tanks and sleeveless tops with cardigans or sweaters. That way, I can wear them in fall, but they're still appropriate.
-I live in leggings during the fall, so I pair a lot of my stuff with those, as well as opaque black tights.
-I wear my Frye boots and cowboy boots a lot. I feel like they automatically make outfits look like they're made for cooler weather.

Work

Transitioning into Fall: Work

-I pair Lilly with darker colors to make it a little less dramatic. I've heard amazing things about the Lilly Travel Pants (seen on the left), so I'm hoping to add a pair to my wardrobe this fall!
-I pair a lot of my summer work dresses with cardigans + tights.
-I love fall-y printed flats, like leopard. I think they jazz up black and tights!

What are your tips? Have a great day!

Miss Southern Prep 

3 comments:

  1. I went through my closet a little bit this weekend. It's definitely starting to feel like fall where I live. I love your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These outfits are similar to what I wear too! I find this time of year difficult. For example, I am going to Christening Sunday. It will still be warm, but one of my Lilly shifts is too summery in my opinion since it will be almost the end of September. It makes dressing difficult! I am ready for some fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work pieces through multiple season more when living in Virginia. Now it swings from hot to cold and I have to fully switch my whole closet! It's a good excuse for new clothes at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!