Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Life Lately

I cannot believe summer has come to an end! Here's an update of what's been going on with me lately:

Furniture Redo
I bought this gorgeous old buffet from a woman on Craigslist (with drawers, but this was taken as we were moving it from her house, so I think they were already loaded in the truck haha). I've been stripping it with my mom, but y'all, it seriously had 6-7 layers of paint, and I don't know if we can get it all off. The wood underneath is showing in some places, and it's stunning, but some areas are still painted (despite the several layers of stripper). I plan to use it in my room right now as kind of a vanity/storage space.

Pumpkin Spice
I am loving pumpkin spice! Until it actually gets cold here (late October/early November), I drink a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino Light. Try it if you haven't! It's perfect for a fall feel in the hot weather.

Amanda Logo Flap Crossbody
I took the plunge and ordered this beauty from Nordstrom. They price-matched Tory Burch's sale, so I couldn't resist! I'm excited to receive it on Friday!

Thank You Notes 
A lot of my stationery was used for writing thank you notes during graduation this May. I've been searching for some pretty replacements, and I'm loving this simple set from Modern Pink Paper.

Lilly Purchases
I'm still waiting on one of my Lilly orders to ship! Orders I made after this order have already arrived, so I'm getting a bit annoyed. Plus, it's a $9 phone case, so the wait almost isn't worth it at this point.

Being Grateful 
I've been somewhat negative lately about a lot of things going on in my life, but I've been trying to be more appreciative of what I do have. I try to read the above quote any time I'm feeling down or frustrated!

Brant Point Prep
Y'all, to say I'm in love with these wine koozies from Brant Point Prep is an understatement. I have three gorgeous wine koozies from Brant Point to share with y'all later this week!

What have y'all been up to lately? Yay for a short week!

Miss Southern Prep
*Photo: 2, 5, 6

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely excited for the short week. I love that new piece of furniture, but it sounds like refinishing it is a challenge! I hope your Lilly item arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that buffet!! I would absolutely love to find something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!