Friday, August 1, 2014

The higher the hair, the closer to God


If you were raised in the South, I'm sure you've heard this motto, because most of us Southern girls live by it. I have naturally curly, voluminous hair, and most of the time (except during hot, humid summer days), I love it. It's easy to style when it's curly--after getting out of the shower, I just put some defrizzing cream on it and go.

I'm a huge fan of this line, found at Target! 

However, as soon as I straighten it, it falls flat. Maybe not flat, but definitely not as big as I would prefer. I've tried everything to make it bigger when it's straight, but it's just not happening. I've tried straightening it with a curling iron, using a teasing comb, spraying it with hair spray, but it doesn't work. It will stay big for about 5 minutes then fall flat.

 My inspiration images...




That's where y'all come in! I need help, y'all! Do you have any tips?! Happy Friday!

Miss Southern Prep
*All photos via Pinterest 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a tip but unfortunately I have the same problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with stick straight lifeless hair. I use a technique that works really well. Section your hair as you would to hot roll it, but don't use hot rollers. Instead, I wrap my hair around a large barrel curling iron (I have long hair so I use a 1 1/2 inch barrel) then once you take the hair off the iron immediately wrap the hair around a velcro roller while the hair is still hot. Roll the hair tightly to your head and secure with a bobby pin. Continue with your whole head. I use large velcro rollers on top and smaller ones on the bottom. Leave the rollers in for at least 15 minutes. This will work really well the longer you can leave them in. This might sound crazy but I actually sleep in mine; have been for years! The result is very similar to your inspiration pics! I hope this helps its a really great way to get that southern volume!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!