Friday, July 18, 2014

Last Minute Gifts + Gone Girl

I always like to keep a couple of gifts on hand in case I need to give a gift unexpectedly. However, that doesn't always work, and sometimes I'm left looking for a last-minute gift. Here are some of my favorite last minute gifts: 

Last Minute Gifts

1. A cute coffee mug + a Starbucks gift card
2. Spa hand cream (but nothing heavily scented) 
3. A bottle of wine with a cute stopper
4. A bottle of champs 
5. A picture frame with a picture inside 
6. A nice candle
7. A pretty polish color with a manicure gift certificate

What are your favorite last minute gifts? 
________________________


Y'all, I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and I had to share my thoughts. This was by far the weirdest, most disturbing book I've ever read. If you're not familiar with the book, read a synopsis here. Honestly, there's been a lot of praise for the book, but I did not enjoy it. It was suspenseful, but it was also just mind-boggling and very dense. I'm not sure I would recommend it, but I think the movie looks better than the book, so I may see that with my mom. If you've read Gone Girl, what were your thoughts?

Have a fabulous weekend!

Miss Southern Prep 

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved GG, and all of Gillian Flynn's other books. I think Sharp Objects in my favorite. I can't wait to see the movie in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gone Girl movie was partially filled in my college town of Cape Girardea, MO! The Bar is now going to be an actual bar there as well too in October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to get through GG for over a year now, and it's just not happening. I kept hearing all the praise, so I just went ahead and read the end (I do that sometimes), and kind of read backwards. It was just so bizarre...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live and breathe by that coffee mug! It gets me through the case of the Mondays every week :) Lilly lovers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute post! Thanks for the suggestions!

    Katherine
    game day dresses gameday dresses

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Gone Girl, but it definitely took me a while to get into it and I'm not a big fan of the ending

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard that people either love or hate Gone Girl and that it's an addicting read - not sure if I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!