Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hilton Head Island + Life Lately

Please excuse my brief blogging absence last week. I planned on blogging during my vacation, but I took a much-needed mental break and headed to Hilton Head, SC. I had never been before and wasn't sure what to expect, but had the best time. Here are some of my snapshots:

Of course, all of my road trips start with a Starbucks.


We stayed at a family friend's condo, and this was the view of our backyard:




The beach was gorgeous, and I really enjoyed laying out one day I was there. 


The sea grass was gorgeous.


There was also a turtle nest area near the beach area we visited. I felt like I was in a scene from The Last Song haha!


 I loved the Spanish moss everywhere! It was so, so beautiful.


I had such a fabulous trip! I can't wait to go back!
____________________

In addition to my vacation, here's what I've been up to lately: 

Gone With the Wind 
I just started reading Gone With the Wind, and I'm hooked! I've been reading it slowly, but I'm hoping I can start powering through it. 

Volunteering 
I recently joined The Junior League, so I've been completing a lot of volunteer hours while I'm still job hunting. We have a lot of obligations this fall, so I'm glad I'm getting a good part of them out of the way.

Grey's Anatomy 
Can y'all believe I had never seen Grey's until a week ago? I started it on Netflix, and I LOVE it. I'm already on Season 2! 

What have y'all been up to lately? Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

Miss Southern Prep
*Photos: 1, 2, 3

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love HHI. We got engaged there. Did yall eat at CQ's? So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love HH!! GWTW is my favorite. I've thought about joining JL, but just don't have time with school. Good for you for being able to join! I watched Grey's in college and really want to binge on the rest of it on Netflix but never have the time. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HH is a lot of fun! Looks like you had a great trip! Yayy for joining JL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hilton Head. I am glad you had a restful vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!