Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer Makeup Must-Haves + Free Clinique Gift at Nordstrom

During the summer, my makeup routine changes a little bit, due to the heat. I don't change my eye makeup, but I lessen the makeup I use on my face. My skin breaks out, especially during the summer months, due to the heat and sunscreen. I also don't want my makeup to melt off, so I don't use any heavy foundation or powder. I use to shop around for makeup, but now I only buy from Nordstrom. They have the best customer service (I've returned beauty products that don't work on my skin), and they also offer wonderful perks to Nordstrom card holders. Here are some of my favorite makeup products for the summer: 

I always wear sunscreen, but I'm still searching for the perfect one, so if y'all know any, please let me know! I like the oil-free ones, but I'm not a fan of the Neutrogena sunscreens. Right now, I'm just using Coppertone Baby sunscreen on my face and arms. 

I swear by this Smashbox Liquid Halo HD foundation. It's the best foundation I've ever tried--it's light and doesn't feel like it sits on top of my skin. 

I really like Clinique powder. I use the Invisible Blended Face Powder, because it's just a finishing powder that's not heavy. 

I swear by Bobbi Brown blush. My favorite color is Desert Pink, and it's the perfect summer pink for my skin. 

I always use Clinique concealer, but I just bought the Acne Solutions Concealer to try. I'll let y'all know if it works! 

And finally, I always take off my makeup before bed and use my Clarisonic Mia 2 to clean my skin (I have the pink).  
__________________________

I also wanted to let y'all know that right now, there's a free gift at Nordstrom with a $32 Clinique purchase! The gift is a cute, summery Tracy Reese bag with all of the above products! Such a great deal for only a $32 purchase! 

What are your favorite summer products? Have a great day! 

Miss Southern Prep 
*This post was not sponsored; all opinions are my own. 

3 comments:

  1. Sunscreen breaks me out, so I really have to be careful. I've yet to find an actual sunscreen that works on my face, so I've just been using my Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer and relying on that spf to get me through. But I agree, Bobbi Brown blushes are some of my fave!
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neutrogena SPF 30 for face is my favorite sunscreen hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Neutrogena sunscreen! And I love translucent powder in the summer!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!