Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dear mornings, I {want to} love you.


I am not a morning person by any means. I want to love the morning and be productive before 8 a.m., but that's just not me. I would love to wake up an hour before I need to so I can work out, shower, and leisurely enjoy a cup of coffee as I'm getting ready for work. Although I always have the best intentions, that never happens.

I would say I'm more of a night person, but realistically, I need to start waking up earlier so I can begin getting ready for my work routine (which will be starting soon). I'd like to work out in the morning as well, because I never get it done at night. That means I'll need to wake up around 6:00 every morning to work out, shower, get ready, grab Starbucks, and make it to work on time.

I know my biggest problem is that I allow myself to snooze my alarm until I know I absolutely have to get out of bed. Like I said, I'm a night person, so unless I'm exhausted, I can't fall asleep before 11 p.m. I don't drink caffeine after 4 p.m., so it's not caffeine that's keeping me awake, it's just my internal clock. This obviously causes me problems, so I need y'alls help!

I know waking up early seems so simple--all you have to do is go to bed at a reasonable hour, set the alarm and actually get out of bed, but I need some assistance for my dilemma! 

What are your tips for becoming a morning person? Have a great day! 

Miss Southern Prep
*Photo via Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I love the idea of being a morning person, getting up early when all is quiet etc, but I know if I do this i'll be knackered in the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to become a morning person too. I've got early classes in fall, but I find myself still staying up late and then hitting snooze like 4 times in the morning. There's gotta be some secret out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a morning person, but since working I've gotten better at it. Once you get into the habit of waking up early and going to bed at a reasonable time, it gets easier. Just make sure to have plenty of caffeine on hand the first couple of weeks of your new routine. Believe me, you'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mornings are the best! The birds are singing the coffee is fresh and I think more clearly then too! But, I do seem to run out of spunk in the afternoons which is something I'm trying to figure out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I let someone set a really cool label on my alarm on my phone that will make me laugh. As soon as I see it in the morning I want to get up. But I am also NOT a morning person. But if you make yourself get up, it becomes awesome to have that time before work!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It never gets easier. But I wish I had thought to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!