Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Reading Reviews

Today, I thought I'd share my reviews of a few books I've read recently.
 
I'm a huge fan of Emily Giffin, so of course I bought The One and Only the day it came out. I love her writing style, and I always feel like I connect with the characters in her books. This novel wasn't my favorite of hers, but it was really good! I didn't put it down for two days until I finished it!
 
I just finished The Fault in Our Stars, and to be honest, I was a bit let down. I had such high expectations and sadly they were not met. I know most people probably don't agree with me, but I just wasn't a fan. Although I didn't love it, I'm glad I read it and will probably see the movie when it comes out.
 
Turner Publishing graciously sent me a copy of Lilly: Palm Beach, Tropical Glamour, and the Birth of a Fashion Legend. It was a quick, fun read. I loved learning about Lilly and her background. I would recommend this to any Lilly lover!
 
Have y'all read any good books lately? Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Miss Southern Prep
*All photos courtesy of amazon.com

7 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Emily Giffin fan,as well, and have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of her latest book but was telling a friend that the synopsis didn't immediately grab me, I'm not sure, if it wasn't writen by her, I would be giving it a chance. But never the less it's next on my reading list so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! It's definitely difficult to top some of her other great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about A Fault in Our Stars. I read about a year ago probably. I thought it was a good book, and I liked his writing style, but I just wasn't blown away. I probably will see the movie though!
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to decide if I want to purchase The Fault in our Stars. I need some new books to read poolside this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will for sure check out that Lilly book!! I felt the same about One and Only. I enjoyed it a lot, but it wasn't my favorite either. Something Blue (I love Darcy) and Where We Belong are my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Emily Griffin books and I read The Fault In Our Stars earlier this year!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to read The Fault in Our Stars soon... I've heard so many good things, but I'll try not to get my expectations up if you say that you didn't like it much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didnt like the fault in our stars. I guess I am just not a John Green kinda girl... And I would love to read the Lilly book!!! :) And I have never heard of Emily Giffin! I will have to check her out!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!