Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Miss Southern Prep Cooks

If you knew me in real life, you'd know that my cooking adventures (or lack thereof) are almost comical. I'm infamous among family members for messing up family recipes and corn pudding one Thanksgiving. Luckily, I never had to cook in college (thank you, sorority house chef), but now that I'm about to embark into the real world, I offered to help my mom make a summer salad for a family friend's party. It's super simple, so I thought I'd share the recipe with y'all! You can adjust the couscous depending on how many you're feeding, but we made more since it was for a party.
 
Ingredients:
2 packs of couscous
1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
2 avocados (sliced)
4-6 scallions (sliced)
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 container feta cheese
 
Steps:
1. Cook the couscous and let it cool for 20-30 minutes.
 
 
2. Add kidney beans, sliced avocados, scallions, and lime juice.
 
3. Mix gently, then add feta.
 
4. Let salad chill.
 
5. Serve and enjoy!
 
What yummy summer salads have you made lately? Have a wonderful day!
 
Miss Southern Prep

7 comments:

  1. I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! greek olives and cucumber would be yummy in that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made that couscous last week. It is so good and easy to make too!

    xoxo
    mQs

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum, this looks delicious, i'll definitely have to try it! lately i've been into avocado and tomato salads... they're super easy to make. you just mix diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, basil, olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, and salt & pepper. delish!
    xx ani || the ani project

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a good cook at all either, but I do need to start learning too :)

    http://www.preplovelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try this soon because I literally am such a bad cook I could mess up boiling water!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Near East couscous! They now have a whole wheat version too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!