Thursday, May 15, 2014

Goals

 
I'm a big believer in setting goals for myself. As a type-A person, goals really drive me and help me accomplish my goals. I always set some small ones throughout the day (like finish my PR paper, return 3 emails, etc.), but I also set bigger ones (graduate with honors, get an A in my hardest major class, write a novel, etc). Thinking about the next couple of months and year ahead, so many new things will be happening for me. I graduated, am job hunting, and saving to move to my dream city. I wanted to set some long-term goals for myself, in addition to some things I want to do. Some of these are fun, while others are more serious, like sticking to a budget. Here's my list, which will begin mid-May and will end the following June.
 
Take a wine & painting class
Follow a savings plan and stick to my monthly budget
Visit Savannah
Invest in a pair of DY earrings
Join the Junior League
Buy 3 big girl pieces of furniture
Do 5 Pinterest DIYs
Find a big-girl job
Start making Charleston moving plans by Dec. 2015
Read Gone With the Wind
Take the GRE
 
What are some of your goals for the year ahead? Have a great day, y'all!
 
Miss Southern Prep
*Photo: 1

6 comments:

  1. I read Gone With The Wind and the book is way better than the movie! Good luck with all of your goals - it is a great list you came up with!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to start making more "adult" goals! It is hard post college since you don't have assignments, tests, and internships. Those were all the things I made goals towards perviously and now it's a bit more difficult to think long term!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goals. You can get into such a rut with a job postgrad that you forget to look up and have goals to attain instead of just working day after day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some really solid goals! I know you can do every single one!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you have to let me know after you start GWTW!!! I seriously love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these goals. But you might want to wait to actually buy the furniture until you have your place so you know they will fit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!