Thursday, March 6, 2014

How to: Dress Like a {Young} Professional

I've been interning at the same office for almost seven months now, and although I am by no means an expert, I have learned a lot about the workplace wardrobe. I am so thankful that the office is business casual, so I'm able to wear a lot of pieces that I already own. However, I have also learned that workplace attire does not have to be a boring black pantsuit every day. I know this may be different depending on your work environment (casual or professional), but I thought I'd share some of my favorite ways to dress young, but professionally.


I'm a big believer in having some staples in your wardrobe that you can mix and match with accessories or brighter colors. I love this scalloped dress from J. Crew--the navy is perfect for spring and summer! And there are so many ways to brighten it up with different colored cardigans or bright accessories. (Plus it's on sale for $70 right now!)


I also love these black pants. They're the Pixie pants from J. Crew and come in navy, black, and grey. I'm not a huge fan of the grey, but I'm thinking the black may become a staple in my work wardrobe when I graduate!


Here are a few outfits I put together that have color, but also have neutral pieces that could be staples in your wardrobe. Of course, it depends on your working enviornment, if your shoulders have to be covered, etc.


 
How do you dress like a {young} professional at work? Any tips? Happy Thursday!

Miss Southern Prep

9 comments:

  1. Love that scalloped dress!
    Www.shotgunsandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these looks! My office is super casual and creative so especially during the Winter I tend to stick with sweaters and boots but I can't wait to bring the Elsas and cute dresses out once the weather gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wearing bright colors, but I always mix them with neutrals so my outfit isn't overwhelming for a professional environment. I also have to wear closed toe/sensible shoes because I'm on my feet ALL day - that part is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these looks! I am still in school so I dont have to dress to professional (yet). But I am kinda looking forward to when I have to! Because these outfits are just too cute!!! :)


    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely feel like I want to dress appropriate for the work place but still retaining some fun and youth - I like neutral basics and having bright accessories! I love these outfits!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such great work outfit! I love the scalloped dress!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best taste! I love all of these outfits. And yes I neeeed that scalloped dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been at the same company for years. We were for all but the last two years a place you could wear jeans and t shirts to work everyday. We are now business casual. I just upgraded to khakis as I only wore basic t-shirts and sweaters. I have been wanting to do more with my wardrobe but until I get my health in check and my weight quits jumping all over the place I am waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these outfits! I think that this was a great idea for a post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!