Thursday, March 20, 2014

How to: Be More Productive + Lilly at Estée Lauder

When I'm super stressed out (like I was yesterday), I get SO overwhelmed thinking about everything I need to do. And when I say overwhelmed, I mean call my mom and cry about how late I'll be up that night. Because I get so overwhelmed, I have to make a strict schedule and follow it, or I'll end up getting even more stressed out from wondering how I'm going to fit it all in. This list is borrowed from Levo League, but it's basically the same way I handle my busiest days.
 
 
Easier said than done, right? This is my actual schedule from yesterday:
 
 
I had a huge test today, a paper due right after that, and another paper due Friday morning by 8am. I knew I could crank out the paper due Friday in a couple of hours, so I prioritized my tasks and the most important thing was reading and studying for my test. I scheduled time in my day for the non-negotiables (class, my internship, meals, etc.), and then also scheduled in some "me time" and breaks, which may have included one-two of these:
 
 
For me, it's essential to have breaks, where I call my BFF, stop by a sister's room to chat, or just zone out on Pinterest. I look forward to the breaks and think that they actually make me work harder while I am studying.
 
What are your tips for being more productive?  
____________________________
Also, I'm sure y'all have heard, but Estée Lauder is having a fabulous promotion with Lilly right now. Macy's is offering a free Lilly bag filled with goodies (which is valued at $120) with any $35 purchase, available until March 23rd!
 
 
You can also customize your gift by choosing bold or subtle colors. I wish I was closer to a Macy's so I could take advantage of this fabulous offer. I'm loving the bags this year!
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Miss Southern Prep


7 comments:

  1. these are awesome tips! I always have spurts of productivity lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for taking the time to make your list and schedule! The free time is essential to re-vamp your brain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such great tips! I definitely find making a to-do list and doing the hardest task first is always beneficial!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always helps to write our a schedule- good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up on the Lilly gift!!! :) We have a Lilly exhibit opening at our museum in january...LOVE Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tips and love the Lilly cosmetics bag! I picked one up last weekend and it's just too cute!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lady at my counter said that this will be the last Lilly bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!