Saturday, March 8, 2014

Get Healthy

 
Happy Saturday! Today is the first Saturday of my new Get Healthy series! Today, I'm going to update y'all about my previous week and lay out my goals for next week!
 
 
Eating
I stayed under my calorie goals every day this week, with the exception of one! Although I've been sticking to my calorie goal, it's not always the most balanced diet. I've been so stressed this week, so I haven't been eating much at all. I've been good about logging everything, though!
 
Water
I took the advice of Fran and invested in a case of La Croix at the store last week. I picked up the lemon lime flavor and love it! I haven't made my way up to 8 glasses per day yet, but I've been decreasing the Diet Cokes and increasing the water, which is a start.
 
Workouts
I didn't work out as many times as I had hoped this week, but I did work out twice. One day, I went for a long walk along the river and on Friday, I did the T25 workout. Y'all, the T25 workout is HARD. I can barely move my lower body today, but I love it, because that means I definitely worked it out well!
 
This Week
I'll be on spring break this week, so I know that between my trip to Charleston, a visit to my parents' house, and my St. Patty's Day festivities, there will be at least 4 days that I'm not eating the best. So, my goals for this week are to work out 5-6 days (30 mins a morning while I'm in Charleston, plus we'll be walking everywhere) and to choose healthier options of food choices (broiled crabcakes instead of fried, seared scallops, etc.).
 
Please share your goals/weekly progress with me! Happy weekend, y'all!
 
Miss Southern Prep
*Photos: 3, 4

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your spring break. I am worried about how well I will do next week traveling with work and having to eat out all of my meals for five days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post, this series will be great for you keeping up with these habits too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great spring break! That salad looks delicious, did you make it or buy it somewhere? I NEED ONE!!! :) And I will have to try that water too! It looks great!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to be more healthy too. Hope you have a great spring break!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like great goals! I'm going to Florida in a week so I definitely need to be working out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks great. I love La Croix but have been using my soda stream to cut down as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for La Croix water!!! Enjoy your spring break-your last ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That salad looks delicious! Hope you have a great spring break!
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!