Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Charleston Recap

I spent a few days in Charleston during spring break, and I had the best time! It was filled with relaxation, amazing food, yummy drinks, and lots of laughs. I'm hoping to move to Charleston a year or two post-grad, so it was fun imagining where I'd live and my daily activities in one of my favorite cities! Here are some of the highlights:
 
I started off the trip with one of my favorites, shrimp and grits, with a strawberry daiquiri.


We went bar hopping that night, and it was a blast! A yummy brunch at Eli's Table was very necessary the next morning. I had the Crab Cake Benedict with cheese grits. SO delicious!
 
 
Later that day, we went to the slave market and walked back to our hotel. I know you can't tell, but this is a gorgeous, old church in the city, surrounded by trees and a pretty gate. The church was eye-level to the sidewalk, and I thought it was just gorgeous, so I had to snap a picture.
 
 
We also spent a lot of time at Folly Beach. I'm trying to convince a family member to buy a beach house there! It was so peaceful and beautiful outside.
 
 
 
On our last night, I had drinks and dinner with sorority sisters at Fleet Landing, which is right on the water. I enjoyed a Blue Moon at the outdoor bar, before heading inside.
 
 
You could see the U.S. Custom House from the bar and I thought it was so beautiful with the sun setting at night.
 
 
Inside, I enjoyed this amazing seafood pasta with another Blue Moon.
 
 
It was a fabulous trip, and I can't wait to go back next month! Happy Tuesday, y'all!

Miss Southern Prep

10 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious! I have yet to visit Charleston and it's on my bucket list. Have you seen the hilarious new reality show Southern Charm set there? It's completely absurd and staged but still funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in Charleston too and the had the best time, it really is such a beautiful city with amazing restaurants. I love Fleet Landing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Charleston! I was also at Fleet Landing, delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful time! The food looks delicious and your photos are beautiful!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charleston is one of my favorite cities! It's absolutely gorgeous there! Hope you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This all looks so yummy!! I want to visit Charleston now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a great time! Charleston is one of my favorite places, and my best friend lives down there so thankfully I get to visit alot :) I'm hoping to move down there in the next year. Ah, I just love it there!
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charleston has some of the best food. I love it there also. I dont think I have ever met anyone who doesnt like it there! :) I hope you get to move there!!! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charleston is a beautiful city. I wish I got to spend more time there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!