Monday, March 17, 2014

Addison and Lake

I know I've told y'all that I love gallery walls. I've been collecting prints and pictures that I want to frame for a gallery wall when I finally get my post-grad apartment. My dream is to move to Charleston in a couple of years, so I've been searching for a print to honor my home state and found the most beautiful one at Addison and Lake, a boutique art and design studio located in beautiful Chicago.
 

Karen, the owner, specializes in unique, custom artwork and paper products including personalized stationery, wedding invitation suites, custom illustrations, custom maps, calligraphy, and unique hand typography. Karen was sweet enough to work with me to create a Virginia print for my future gallery wall. I chose the font color, the state color, and the heart color. Of course I chose a pink state, with navy type and a navy heart. I love it!
 
 
I went home and searched for a frame at Target, Hobby Lobby, and a few other home stores, but couldn't find one I loved. I'm thinking a simple one like this is perfect: 


Karen will work with you to make a print of your home state, and y'all, the best part? They are only $12! Isn't that crazy?! These prints would make a wonderful graduation gift, either of the city and state where the graduate went to college or one of his/her home state. Here are some of Karen's other state prints: 



Addison and Lake also offers several other prints:
 
 
 
 
 One of my favorites is this champagne print: 

 
Wouldn't it look great over a bar cart? 
 
Which Addison and Lake print is your favorite? Have a great day!
 
Miss Southern Prep

4 comments:

  1. I love state prints so I'll have to check this out! Thanks for sharing!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, THANK YOU for the heads up on this shop! Love it. The state prints are really nice (I want an Ohio one) but...oh my goodness...the aviation art. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gallery wall prints - they're so fun!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I have been seeing her work all over Pinterest! I need one for South Carolina! I cant believe they are only $12! I cant wait to order my own!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!