Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Series: Get Healthy

I'm starting a new series on the blog called Get Healthy. This semester I've gained weight from going out too much, eating fast food late at night, and abandoning my gym habits. I really need to drop these extra pounds (plus some more) before graduation and my graduation trip, so I'm going to blog about my workouts, eating habits, and my goals for each week. I'll be posting these every Saturday starting in March, so feel free to join along! Here are some of my goals for this week:
 
Drink more water.
I'm terrible at drinking water. Diet Coke and coffee are my best friends, but there are so many benefits you get from drinking water, and I know it's essential to weight loss, so I'm going to try to drink at least 8 glasses per day.
 
Work out at least 3 days this week.
On Sunday, I walked along the river for about an hour and it was great! I'm shooting to work out 3x this week.

Do an arm workout 2 days this week.
 My arms are one of my problem areas, so I'd like to tone them up.
 
Record all of my food in my Lose It! app.
 The Lose It! app is great, and it really helps me stay on track. I have to be faithful in using it! I also want to stick to my daily limits.
 
What are your get healthy goals for the week? Have a wonderful day, y'all!
 
Miss Southern Prep

7 comments:

  1. I really love the myfitnesspal app too!!! But I am feeling the same way! I dont know if I want to reall loose weight or if I want to just get toned up. So we will see!!! :) But goodl uck on this journey you are starting!!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use that app too!! I like it a lot. Girl, I LOVED DC, and had one every afternoon at my desk for YEARS. I mean, probably every working day since graduation. However, I will say this summer when I gave it up, I dropped about 6 lbs almost instantly. I don't know the exact reason or science behind it, but it did wonders for me to give it up. I actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I surprisingly don't really miss it. If I want a soda type drink, I drink La Croix flavored sparkling water from Publix and it comes in a soda can and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic way to set goals one week at a time. I'm working at being more healthy too. One of my goals is to drink more water as well. It sounds stupid, but if you carry a water bottle that you like in your bag, you're more likely to drink from it. It's been working well for me
    Good luck!
    Www.bottomofthetop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutting out cokes may help you lose weight for sure. One of my sorority sisters stopped drinking them for a month (she drank like 5 16 oz bottles a day) and lost 15 lbs. I only drink water really so that will not help me but I have found other alternatives to the late night eating (no Krystals or IHOP anymore) and the drinks at the bar when I go out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to love this new series! I'm in the same boat as you. I always gain weight in the winter, and with summer coming up and weekend trips scheduled, I'm definitely feeling the pressure. My main goal is to drink more water, and that's going to be tough. I just don't like it haha. I'm more of a sweet tea girl. Good luck with everything!
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goal is to 'move it' in March. I've been ice skating, walking, doing Zumba and Tracy Anderson's mat workout. It's been going well and has been a lot of fun. Now if I can just get my eating under control....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!