Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How to: Recharge

Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with my internship, sorority obligations, classes, homework, etc., I have to take some "me" time, even if it's only for 10 minutes. Here are my favorite ways to recharge:
 
One: Go on a walk
One of my favorite things to do is go on a walk by myself. I'm a very social, extroverted person, but sometimes I just need a break where I can be alone and think. When I'm at home, I take my dog and walk around a lake near my house, and it's so refreshing. I feel like I have an hour to myself, completely separated from everyone in the world.
 
Two: Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in silence
Some nights, I'll make myself a cup of Earl Grey tea in my Lilly mug while sitting in my bed and reflecting on the day. It's one of the only parts of the day that I have absolutely nothing to do or think about.
 
Three: Check something off your to-do list
As you saw last week, I'm a HUGE fan of to-do lists. Crossing off something simple like packing my bag for the next day or throwing in a load of laundry makes me feel so accomplished.
 
Four: Journal or read
I do a daily devotional at night and journal if I'm especially stressed. It's such a nice way to let out all of my worries, while also connecting with The Lord. I also love reading beach reads for a few minutes each night.
 
Five: Watch a TV show
I don't have a TV in my room, but I love watching an episode of Revenge, Law and Order SVU, Hart of Dixie, or Gossip Girl on Netflix.

Six: Paint your nails
 I hate unpainted nails, so I paint mine 1-2 times per week (usually the same color). It makes me feel pretty and makes me concentrate on something other than my to-do list.
 
How do you recharge? Have a wonderful day, y'all!
 
Miss Southern Prep
*Photo: gg

7 comments:

  1. I love this list! I just got my first devotional which is also by Joyce Meyer. It's called Trusting God Day by Day, it's so perfect for where I'm at right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A walk is the best thing ever to do, I agree! Taking a shower also makes me regroup! Random, but it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to spend some time to recharge - my last semester of uni is really stressing me out! My favourite way to re-charge is to listen to some music or an audio book whilst I'm driving somewhere to stop my mind from getting overwhelmed with everything I could be doing!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are some great tips- plus that lilly cup is adorable

    Rebeca Elizabeth
    englishprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tips are awesome! As always! :) I totally watch a TV show when I need some time to myself. I watch "How I Met Your Mother" on Netflix and I usuall am put into a better mood instantly!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painting my nails is so relaxing. ALthough I walk away a little weird from the smell, I feel pampered, calmed, and so relaxed from concentrating! THanks for sharing :) XOXO Rachael

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!