Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Changes

In less than a week, I'll be on spring break, which will mark the middle of the semester. I can't believe that when I return to school I'll only have 8 weeks until I graduate from college. I've never been good with change, but this time in my life is all about change, which is so scary. Some of my friends already have jobs or grad school lined up, but I'm still searching for jobs. I feel like I've sent out a hundred resumes and cover letters, but no luck yet.

I really believe everything will fall into place, but it's scary thinking about "real world" stuff while still balancing my school work, internship, and sorority commitments. All of the stress has taken a toll on my health, too. I'm trying not to stress too much, but I'm a worrier by nature, so my stress/worrying is in over drive right now.

 
I've been trying to spend as much time as possible with my best friends and sisters, because I know in a couple of months, these are the moments I'll remember. The other night, four of us were riding to Cookout at 1 am blasting a Juicy J song and singing at the top of our lungs before we started laughing so hard we cried. And in that moment, I realized that this is what I'll miss.

I'd be lying if I told y'all that I'll stop worrying completely. I know worrying is normal, especially during this time of change. If I don't find a job until 2 months after graduation, so what? I am blessed with parents who will let me live rent-free while I job hunt, and a family I nannied for has asked to babysit for them a few days a week if I am still job hunting when I graduate. Over the past two years, I've learned that you can plan as much as you want, but life does not go according to plan. I'm going to keep job hunting, but I know God will bless me with the perfect opportunity when He's ready. And until then, I'll keep cherishing the memories I'm making with my best friends as I complete a large chapter in my life.
 
Miss Southern Prep
*Photo: 1\

10 comments:

  1. Everyone I know was majorly stressed last year as we were all about to graduate. And you know what? Every single person has a job now or is in a grad program they like. Many have great roommates and fun apartments or have even met a great guy. I won't lie, the first year out has been hard and filled with adjustments but it all really does work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it is worrisome but I promise it all works out. Jeremiah 29:11 was my verse during my last semester of college and the months following as I searched for a job. I will tell you that all of my friends are employed and in great places. God does provide the perfect place even if it takes a bit of time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this *exact* stress my last semester in college. And you are right, the fun times ARE what you miss the most. I still feel strange watching The Bachelor alone, as that was something I did with friends in college, and I've been out for 7 yrs! My old roommate and I STILL talk about college and life in the dorms all the time. Oh, and time starts FLYING after you graduate college. I know the right job will come at the right time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boom. PERFECTION.
    And you can always blog part time until you find a full time job, too! That's what I plan on doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone feels that way as they are about to graduate college.....and many many times throughout their 20's as well! But never fear, you seem to have your head screwed on straight and I'm sure God will bless your efforts and faith. Try not to look too much to the left or right at everyone else at this time, and keep on your own best and blest path. Good luck hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great you're embracing the quality time with your friends before graduation- I think Cookout milkshakes just taste better when you're with friends :) It's even better that you're trusting God- the opportunity He has for you is probably greater than we can even imagine right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik now that it has got to be hard to let go of this time in your life. There is so much going on. And I cant even imagine it. So enjoy this time! And I will be praying for you!!!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember feeling that way last year. Senior year was so bittersweet, but try not to let the worries get in the way of the good times! Everything will work out the way it is supposed to when it is supposed to :)
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in exactly the same boat! I graduate this year (I still refuse to refer to it in weeks - it's too scary!) and I've been feeling so despondent after applying to jobs and hearing nothing back. It's such a stressful time - I don't feel ready for the change but there's nothing I can do to stop it - I wish I could just freeze time for a little bit! Thank you for posting this - I thought that it was just me who was feeling overwhelmed at these changes coming up!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are normal to feel a little stress about graduating and what happens next. But you are doing it right by enjoying the last few months with your friends because it will become great memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!