Friday, January 31, 2014

"I want a white house with blue shutters..."

I've blogged about The Notebook numerous times, because it's been my favorite movie since I saw it almost 10 years ago. Every time I see it, I fall even more in love with the big white house with blue shutters that Noah builds for Allie. I'm still waiting on my Noah, so while I wait, I'll just dream that one day someone will build me a house like this.
 
 
I love the idea of fixing up an old house. Old houses just have so much character, and I always think about the happy memories that other families shared in them.
 

 
I would love a huge white house with a wrap-around porch and rocking chairs out front.



 
The hardwoods throughout the inside are gorgeous!


 
Allie's art studio is amazing. I love that there's a balcony right off of her studio, too.

 
And of course, one of my favorite features is the staircase. Could it be any more perfect?

 
Are you as obsessed with The Notebook as me? Have a fabulous day!
 
Miss Southern Prep
*Photos via Hooked on Houses

5 comments:

  1. I like the idea of fixing up an old house as well. We are looking for the perfect one right now, but they seem to never pop up where we live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I like the idea of fixing up an old house or just making a completely new one. But The Notebook (my favorite movie also...No shame. It's a classic!) makes me want to fix up an old house; or have my love do it for me! I always had admired the house and how beautiful it was. A southern girl's dream!

    Forever waiting for a guy to build me an awesome house,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just nominated you for The Sunshine Award, here's the info http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Notebook house is pretty much what I aspire to live in one day! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outside look similar to my parents house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!