Tuesday, January 14, 2014

E.l.f. Cosmetics

I'm a big believer in using high-quality cosmetics, because I think the quality of cosmetics really does make a difference. I don't stick to one brand, though--I find what I love and then stay loyal to that product. I had been looking to buy some new makeup brushes, and instead of spending probably $100+ on the 3-4 brushes I had to buy, I took the advice of Classic Annie and invested in some E.l.f. brushes!

 
If you haven't heard of E.l.f. Cosmetics (which stands for Eyes, Lips, Face), it's sold at Target, and everything is under $15. I got 4 brushes for less than $10 total! Such a steal! I bought a blush brush, a foundation brush, and 2 eye shadow brushes. I've been using these for a few weeks, and I love them! Seriously, they're great quality, but even if they are done after a year, I definitely got my $10 worth! Here are a few of the brushes I bought:

Blush Brush--$3

Foundation Brush--$1

Eyeshadow Brush--$3
 
I'm not so sure about the cosmetics, though. I bought mascara, and I wasn't crazy about it, but I'm interested in trying some other products, such as these:

100 Eyeshadows for only $10.99

Lipstain--$2
 
Have you tried Elf Cosmetics? Have a terrific day!
 
Miss Southern Prep

9 comments:

  1. I haven't tried E.l.f. Cosmetics before, I will have to give them a try!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have their stipple brush and it works well, the foundation brush you have listed I had but the bristle fell out after very little use. It could have been from washing it? I have their powder brush too and like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing a review on this! I need new brushes and I am nervous to buy cheap. I am going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was tempted by the make-up aisle at Target on Sunday while my Mini napped...but I stayed away...next time I am going in feet first to hunt for these products! Thanks for the heads up! :) C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love their brushes. They hold up really well! And I also like their brush cleaner. As far as other things, I haven't found anything that I love yet, but for the price, it's always worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try their brushes, because like you, I usually shell out big bucks for them, which seems so silly! I've tried ELF's eyeshadows, but I wasn't crazy about the palette I got. The pigmentation wasn't great. I LOVE their lip exfoliator though, and their blush/bronzer combo reminds me the Laguna/ Orgasm combo from NARS!

    {Chelsea}
    chelseagrowingup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay I'm glad you tried them and love how they work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good number of bloggers I follow have written pretty good reviews about all of their products. I'd be interested in trying them.

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried one of their eyeshadows and it was great. I buy all my makeup brushes at Target and they seem just as great as the Mary Kay and Estee Lauder ones I have owned in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!