Monday, October 7, 2013

Charleston Recap

I mentioned this last week, but I recently went to Charleston for an overnight trip. I went on a dinner cruise with my sorority, and it was so much fun! A sister and I decided to stay overnight, and we had such a fun day on Sunday. We accomplished so much in one day, it seems like we were there for days haha! Here are some of the highlights of the trip:

Like I said, we went on a dinner cruise on Saturday night, and despite the lack of food, we had a really good time!
 
 
This was the view of the bridge--SO gorgeous at night.
 
 
We started Sunday morning off with a PSL, of course.
 
 
After our Starbucks breakfast, we walked around the slave market. The basket weavers always fascinate me.

 
I just love looking at the architecture in Charleston. The gates on even the most run-down homes are gorgeous. I have a hard time not snapping a pic of everything.

 
Then we headed to Hyman's for an early lunch around noon. Hyman's is very touristy, but I have to eat there every time I visit Charleston. It's SO good, and they give you so much food for the money you pay. I would recommend it to anyone, just make sure you get there for an early lunch or an early dinner so you're not waiting in line for hours! They have little plaques telling you who sat at your table, because tons of celebrities visit when they're in Charleston. Michael Phelps ate at my place while he was there!

 
 Some of our spread--scallops, mac and cheese, shrimp and grits, crab cake, shrimp, hush puppies, and king crab legs.

 
 Their Carolina style shrimp and grits are ahhhmazing.
 
 
Afterwards, we strolled down King Street. I spotted the C. Wonder store across the street and had to stop in!

 
So many cute monograms, jewelry, and housewares.

 
Next, we headed to Boone Hall Plantation, which is where Allie lives in the Notebook. I've never been before, but The Notebook is my favorite, so I felt myself channeling my inner-Allie as I was walking around the plantation. How stunning is this driveway?

 
A huge event was going on, so we didn't go inside the gates, we just walked around the property.

 
The Spanish moss was just beautiful.

 
Finally it was time to say goodbye as we crossed the bridge.

 
I had such a wonderful time in Charleston, and I cannot wait to go back! Have a wonderful day!
 
Miss Southern Prep

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! It sounds like you all had a wonderful time! The Notebook is one of my favorite movies, that's so neat you went to the house!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip! The stationary you have pictured is so adorable :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I am hoping to get my bridal portraits done at Boone Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great visit! A few years ago I gave my husband a framed copy of those little sheets they keep at each table with 1oo or 50-can't remember which-reminders for marriage. We ate there about a week before we got engaged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous you got to go to Charleston even for one night. I loved our parties when we went to Memphis for a river cruise as our formals. We always planned extra time before catching the boat to spend on Beale Street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charleston is one of my favorite places on the planet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!