Wednesday, September 4, 2013

BaubleBar Disappointment


I've been a fan of BaubleBar since it began a few years ago, but I've only ordered a few pieces from them, one being a monogram necklace and my recent tortoiseshell purchase.


The tortoiseshell necklace was purchased with my vault points, so it was free. However, the monogram necklace was purchased by my parents for one of my Christmas gifts. I have heard so many positive reviews of BaubleBar, so I decided to have my parents order my necklace from there, despite the fact that many other stores offer the same product. The necklace was around $105, I think, so it was mid-range, price wise. 


My first complaint was the ridiculous wait-time on this necklace. We ordered it in early November (my parents let me order it with their card, so they knew I was getting the one I wanted), and it had a two week turn-around time, so it should have been delivered by the end of November. When I got home from school, about a week and a half before Christmas, my necklace still had not been delivered. I had to call BaubleBar twice, to make sure it would make it in time for Christmas. It did, but I have had nothing but problems with this necklace since it was ordered. I wore it maybe 10 times, before it started to tarnish (and this was less than a month after I received it on Christmas). I was so upset, because I never let it touch the water, never wore it in the shower, and stored it in the pouch they gave me when I wasn't wearing it. When I emailed the company, they accused me of doing all of these things, because they said there was no way it would tarnish if I hadn't done these things. After many emails, they said they would replate it for free, if I shipped it to them. It took 3ish weeks for them to replate it, but then they mailed it to my home address, instead of my address at school, so I wasn't able to wear it until April. Within weeks of starting to wear it, it began to tarnish again. I've probably worn it 20 times since I got it back in April, and it continues to tarnish AND last week, the clasp broke. This is probably the biggest waste of money my parents have ever spent, and I'm very disappointed in BaubleBar. I will never purchase anything from them again, and if y'all are looking to buy a monogrammed necklace, buy it elsewhere. 

Sorry for the rant today, but I needed to vent about all of the problems I've had with this company. What have your experiences with BB been? Have a good day! 

Miss Southern Prep

10 comments:

  1. I have never shopped at BaubleBar, but I am so sorry about your experience! It is always terrible when something like that happens!

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats crazy, especially for the price you paid. Thanks for letting us know, I would never buy something from them now.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never shopped with them! So sorry about all your trouble! I'm a bit of skeptic when it comes to all these online shops that have emerged, I just feel like the quality isn't that great. I have had jewelry come apart almost immediately from some other vendors as well. I think I've learned my online shopping lesson and am going to stick to items that I can see in person first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is insane! I've only purchased from Bauble Bar once, so I don't really have much experience with them, but this definitely makes me not want to do business with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same monogrammed necklace and have had the same exact problems! I got it in gold and I haven't been able to wear it since last year becuase it's so badly tarnsihed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was curious about their quality...I have never ordered from them and thought that if I did, I would only order "costume" type jewelry. What a disappointment!!! Have you tried taking it to a jeweler to see if it can be polished? Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the initial pendant for my birthday and it tarnished on the first use. I got it in rose gold, we are dealing with customer service at the moment, and they said that they've never had such a problem and want us to send a picture.

    It just goes to show how bad of a company it is. If it was my company I would just say sorry to the customer and send a replacement without any back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are these problems also associated with the silver necklace?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are these problems also associated with the silver necklace?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend gave me a monogram bracelet from BaubleBar for Chirstmas and it tarnished within the first 5-10 days. I emailed them and had a similar experience of them accusing me of misuse. They said the lotion I wear cased it to tarnish, but since I never wear lotion that's impossible. They did eventually replace the bracelet, but it tarnished again after 5-6 wears. I also have their pave links bracelet, which is tarnishing through the crystal, but is less obvious. I would probably replace the pave bracelet if it gets too bad, but I won't buy anything else. Their stuff isn't THAT cheap, but the quality is terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!