Friday, July 26, 2013

Yes, I CAN.

I know I've written this a ton of times, but I'm super-type A and OCD. I'm an overachiever, and nothing makes me feel worse than letting people down. I have the hardest time taking constructive criticism, because to me, that means I didn't do the task perfectly, which is of course what I always strive for. Despite all of this, absolutely nothing makes me angrier than when people tell me that I can't do something.
 
I was recently telling a friend about my potential plans after graduation, and she told me that the plan I was thinking about taking "might be too challenging for me." Little does she know, nothing motivates me more than when someone doubts my abilities.
 
 
It might be a bit naive of me, but I honestly believe that I can do whatever I set my mind to. I'm not saying I could become a nuclear engineer, but if I want a certain grade, I will make it happen. If I choose a certain career path, I know I will succeed, because I will be so determined to do so.

 
I love this quote from Virginia Williams, because it's SO true. If there's something I want, I won't take no for an answer. I will find a way to make it happen. Are you the same way?
 
Have a fabulous day!
 
Miss Southern Prep

6 comments:

  1. love your motivation and ambition! you can definitely achieve your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly how I feel! I always want to do my best and make it happen no matter what!

    Hunter
    preponabudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you! You can do anything if you really want it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to your drive, I too am this way and if someone tells me I can't do something, little do they know they have in fact given me even more drive than I had before to prove them wrong lol.
    Love the quote...that explains a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote! you can do anything you put your mind too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate a naysayer! Why would you say something like that to a friend? I am getting my Masters (at USC, of course) and I do the part time program. Meaning it will take me four yrs instead of the usual two. One of my friends was saying how she thought that was just too long and couldn't imagine doing that. I thought that was negative and rude of her to say. It might be a long time, but four years will pass rather I do this or not and I'd rather have a Masters in a good field than not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!