Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Reading

I haven't been reading as much as I hoped, but I've finished a few books this summer and thought I'd share my review with you!

I had been wanting to read this for a while--it's probably only one of four Nicholas Sparks books I hadn't read. This book definitely wasn't what I was expecting! It was slow in the beginning but was very suspenseful and scary towards the end! It's about Julie Barenson, a young widow, whose husband leaves her a puppy, Singer, when he dies. Julie begins a relationship with a local businessman, Richard, but when she breaks it off to be with her late husband's best friend, she begins receiving disturbing phone calls and feels that she's being followed. This was an easy read, and I would recommend it!
I absolutely loved this book! I checked it out from the library, but I want to buy a copy so I can have one on my bookshelf! It was an easy read, and I would definitely recommend it as a beach/vacation book. It's about southern belle Minty Davenport who moves from Charleston to NYC and becomes the "it girl" of the city. It's probably the best book I've read all year.
I think I saw this movie a long time ago, but like I said about The Guardian, this is one of the only Nicholas Sparks books I hadn't read. Adrienne, who has been divorced for three years, agrees to care for her friend's inn in Rodanthe while her friend is traveling. Adrienne and Paul, the only guest at the inn, fall in love while they're both staying there. This book was a classic Nicholas Sparks story, but definitely wasn't my favorite. It was a bit boring.
What's the best book you've read this summer? Have a wonderful day!
Miss Southern Prep

4 comments:

  1. OK I'm definitely reading southern charm after that review! can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Island Girls by Nancy Thayer - loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read Southern Charm! It sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not reading anything I would deem "summer reading" I'm reading Persuasion by Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!