Monday, July 1, 2013

I {heart} the South

Today, I thought I'd pay homage to my favorite place in the world and let you know some of the reasons why I love it so much. I love the South because...
 
you can never have too many monograms,
 
you'll never find anywhere with better sweet tea,

on fall Saturdays, you're either at a football game or you're watching it on TV,

mac and cheese (my favorite food) is considered a vegetable,

breezy front porches are for made for rocking chairs,

it's full of Southern gentlemen and bow ties,

Lilly can be worn any time of year,
 
manners and the importance of thank-you-note writing are imparted at birth,
 
beautiful historic homes are plentiful,

summers are hot, but are perfect for country clubbin' and poolside sitting, and finally,
 
it is home to some of the most beautiful places on earth.
 
Why do you love the South? Have a wonderful Monday, y'all!
 
Miss Southern Prep
*Photos: Pinteres and my personal photos

6 comments:

  1. Love this post (ky chick) and the South. I'd never live anywhere else! And I love the fact that you never meet a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mouth is watering at the sight of the mac n'cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I can't live without my sweet tea! I love the manners, the love of entertaining, the strong sense of faith and family, and of course the southern hospitality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What don't I love about the South? I love the manners, the people, the warmth of the weather and the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And all the Belles yelled AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless this post and you! Fabulous all around. I love the manners, food and tradition oh and football and monograms are so high up there. Just ditto on everything you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!