Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Getting Healthy

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to eat healthier, workout more often, and lose weight. I haven't stuck to my resolution as well as I had hoped, but with 8 weeks left before recruitment, I am feeling the crunch! I do have a certain amount of weight I'd like to lose, but I'm focusing more on toning and feeling more comfortable in the dresses I'll be wearing during that week. Here are some of my "get healthy" essentials:
 
 
Healthy

Healthy by misssouthernprep
[Baseball cap for outside workouts, sports bra from Target, Tervis Tumbler water bottle, headphones, New Balance Tennis Shoes, Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light (my favorite), sunscreen for outside workouts, and a healthy snack]
 
I've been working out 6-7 days a week, sometimes going for a run around a lake near my house:


I've also been using the Lose It! app on my phone, and it's perfect! Throughout the day, I log in all of my meals, snacks, my workout, and the glasses of water I've had for the day. I've been trying to eat cleaner and take advantage of all the fresh summer veggies.


I thought I'd share, so I could make myself more accountable for my goals! I'll share my progress with y'all before I head back to school in early August. But I'd love to hear any tips you have! What are your healthy essentials? Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Miss Southern Prep

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to start running so I think I'm going to sign up for and pay for a 5k that is two or three months out bc I know if I've paid for it I will actually be motivated to get in shape and go run in bc I do not like throwing money away! HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m trying to get back on track with eating right and working out also. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My healthy essential is sleep...LOL...which I don't get enough of! Lots of salads for lunch and dinner, and early morning walks are my others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats..it's so hard staying on track! I've been trying to eat out less. I love eating out but it's much harder to control what your putting in your body that way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! It's so hard to stay on track, I am especially struggling. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!