Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Different Kind of Summer


This summer will be a bit different for me. For the past 4 summers, I've nannied, so I've hung out for a couple of weeks before the kids got out of school, then worked until it was time for me to go back to school. Of course, the kids got on my nerves at times, but even then I realized how lucky I was to hang out at home with the kids, take them to their country club, and do fun activities with them. This summer, I have a "big girl" internship, which is a bit bittersweet. Of course, I'm excited to soak up everything I can from my internship, which is at a small marketing firm, but I will miss my nannying job, for sure!
 

I'll also be taking three classes this summer (!!!)--2 at night and one online, so this summer will be packed. My internship is full-time and started less than a week after I got home, and will go until the day before I head back to SC. I'm a bit nervous, but excited for this summer. I can't believe this is the last summer before I'm in the real world. It's crazy to think that this time next year, I will have graduated and will hopefully have a real job. I'm so excited to start this new chapter in my life, but it's also very scary! I feel incredibly blessed for the opportunities I have been given--both this summer and all of my previous summers--but it will definitely be different. I'm hoping to find a weekend to head to the beach, and of course lay out at least a couple of weekends. It will definitely be a transition, but one I'm looking forward to! Look out world, here I come!

How did y'all deal with the beginning of your transition into the "real world?" Have a fabulous day! 

Miss Southern Prep 

4 comments:

  1. It can be so scary yet exciting to transition into the "real world". The joys of being in your 20's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it sounds like you have a busy, but exciting, summer planned. I'm dealing with the transition right now, too. It's definitely hard having to go to bed early and not having time to do things like go to the pool, but it has been nice to make money. Hope everything goes well for you this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might sound silly, but it won't to you because you love cute clothes too, but when I transitioned over to an internship and then the same for when I got my first full time job, I had to update my wardrobe to match was I was doing. No more wearing rainbows and sundresses every day of summer, which is a bummer, but you can still dress cute for the part. This helped me some! I still liked my outfits even though they were more "professional" I tried to get some cute stuff rather than just the boring black suit and white shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way the Summer before my first internship. Prior to that I had worked for my Dad and hung out with friends. But it was an amazing experience! I loved it! You'll do great and it will keep your time filled! Plus it will look great come graduation time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!