Monday, April 1, 2013

Count Your Blessings

One of my New Year's resolutions was to write down three blessings/things I was thankful for each night. Although I've definitely slacked on the writing down part, I have stuck to my goal of thanking God for my blessings on a daily basis. I cannot tell you what a difference this has made in my mood and outlook in general.

 
I don't think I was ever a negative or "down" person, per say, but if bad things happened, I would definitely dwell on them for a while. This past year has been characterized by such change in my life, I definitely emphasized the bad more than the good, if that makes sense. Once I started writing down things I was thankful for, I realized how blessed I truly am. Even if I'm having a terrible day, I challenge myself to find three good things that have happened that day. My three things could be superficial, like being thankful for a Starbucks treat or could be more serious, like thanking God for my amazing relationship with my parents.

One of my favorites, "Changed" by Rascal Flatts. For some reason, it won't let me put the video in!

I'm going to try to do a better job at writing these down in a little notebook daily, but as long as remember to go over my list mentally, I'm happy haha!

My notebook, which says "Happiness is a bright and shining thing."

I think we take our blessings for granted so frequently, I challenge all of you to try this little activity if you don't already, even if you just do it for a week. I cannot tell you how aware it has made me of how blessed I am.

Thanks for reading about my little resolution! Have a blessed day, y'all!

Miss Southern Prep

4 comments:

  1. what a great goal... I totally sometimes dwell on minor things that aren't that important and should spend more time be grateful for what I do have

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude is a wonderful thing to have throughout your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!