Thursday, February 28, 2013

Stress

I have been so stressed lately. With midterms, tons of projects/tests/assignments for break, and the position I have in my sorority, I feel like I've been pulled a million different directions lately, which has led to tons of stress. Of course, stress is a normal part of life, but sometimes I need to do something that makes me relax, even if its just for 5 minutes! Here are some of my favorite stress relievers:

Stress Relief

  • Writing to-do lists--Getting my thoughts together and writing down exactly what I need to do always makes me feel SO much more organized!
  • Starbucks--As I'm sure y'all have noticed, Starbucks is basically an obsession of mine. Somehow a latte always makes me feel better!
  • Blogging--I love looking through blogs, commenting, and seeing what my blog friends are doing!
  • Cleaning--Yes, I stress clean. Organizing and cleaning my room always makes me feel so much more together.
  • Painting my nails--This makes me feel prettier, and is such a mindless task, I can watch 10 or 15 minutes of my favorite show while they dry.
What do you do when you're stressed? Any relaxation tips? Happy Thursday, lovely readers!

Miss Southern Prep

11 comments:

  1. I am a complete stress-cleaner, too. For some reason having control over something helps to calm me down. Reading magazines is another something I do when overt stressed, too. I could sit on a lounge chair and peruse US Weekly and InStyle all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it might be a bit more than 10 minutes but if you can get yourself to an acupuncture appointment it is the best stress reliever (at least I think so). I have been doing this for a few different reasons for the last year and a half and I really have come to see it as my time. I have talked it up to my family that one of my sisters has even gone a few times to the same acupuncturist that I go to and she had enjoyed it as well. She has 4 children under the age of 8 and one has a heart health issue so she does not have a lot of available time but she knows that she has to take care of herself in order to be there for her children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope the stress dies down a bit but it seems like you have some great stress relievers. when i'm stressed (like really super stressed) i stop eating and basically wig out. i think if i had a better fitness routine i would avoid feeling over-stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I have very similar stress relievers! I am stressful by nature so I tend to do at least one of these on a weekly occasion. Instead of being a stress cleaner...I am a procrastinator cleaner. Because for whatever reason my kitchen is always dirtiest whenever there is something I need to do and don't want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same things! I love to paint my nails to do a face mask when I'm stressed. It realyl helps me relax and focus on something else for a few minutes. Starbucks is another good one too - there's one that's about a 20 minute walk away from my dorm, so I'll head on over if I need a pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stress clean! Oh, I'm so bad at this. On the nights I might never go to sleep because I have so much work to do... I never mind wasting an hour or two scrubbing everything in my room down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This are al my favorites too! I totally stress clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh I can totally relate to everything in this post! Cleaning, Starbucks, and To-Do lists are so my way of calming down when I'm feeling ridiculously stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have very similar stress relievers! Love this post! Oh the joys of midterms...I know how ya feel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I either take a shower or go for a run or walk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been going, going, going lately and literally just need a day to do nothing and pull it back together, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!