Thursday, February 7, 2013

Safe Haven

Of course, I love anything Nicholas Sparks. The Notebook is hands-down my favorite movie of all-time. So of course when I heard that Safe Haven was being made into a movie, I knew I just had to read the book before the movie came out!
 

I have very little time for reading during the school year, but I figured I could fit in 2-3 chapters a night before bed. However, as soon as I started the book, I could not put it down! Every free moment I had, I read as much as I could! I think I read the entire book in 3 days. I am so excited to see the movie, which comes out on Valentine's Day!
 
 
Safe Haven is set in the small North Carolina town of Southport, where a young woman, Katie, is running from her past. She moves into a small cottage on the outskirts of town and beginsworking in a local restuarant, but keeps to herself. However, she cannot ignore Alex, the widowed store owner in town. When her past comes back to haunt her, Katie realizes that the choice between running from it or staying with her new love.
 
 
I would definitely recommend this book! It's an easy read, and you won't be able to put it down! Nicholas Sparks always delivers the best love stories. Plus, Josh Duhamel is one of the leads in the movie, and in my opinion, just seeing him on screen for two hours is worth it haha!
 
I've probably watched this trailer three or four times already, but I thought I'd leave y'all with a little clip, if you haven't already seen it!
 
 
My sorority is renting out a theater so we can all see this together next weekend, so I'll let y'all know what I think! Have you read Safe Haven? Are you planning on seeing the movie? Have a great Thursday, y'all!
 
Miss Southern Prep
 
P.S. Don't forget to enter my monogrammed earring giveaway!

12 comments:

  1. Read the book and cannot wait to see the film...looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nicholas sparks. cant wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading the book yesterday and I'm already almost done. It is too good to put down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read it this week too after I saw the movie trailer! Def a must-read...I couldn't put it down either...was done in less than a day! Can't wait to hear what you think of the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for this movie to come out, I loved the book!
    http://shorelifeofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was filmed in my hometown of Southport! I am SO excited to see the movie, it's going to be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its a great book, one of my favorites. i read it just after it was released (i have a friend who gets them asap) but i still remember it because its so different that the others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This and The Guardian are my favorite Nicholas Sparks books. Cannot wait for this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love his writing and look forward to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hooked. I want to see it. Since I did not read the book, let me know if I should read it before seeing the movie. You know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't read the book but I might read it after I see the movie (I did that with The Last Song). I don't like the lead actress at all (her baby voice drives me nuts) but I LOVE Josh Duhamel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!