Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013!

Hey, lovelies! As y'all have noticed, I've taken a brief break from the blog. It's been so nice to just spend time with my friends and family with no responsibilities. I've slept in, spent entire days in my PJs watching reruns of the Real Housewives and enjoyed tons of dinners with friends I haven't seen in almost 4 months.


Can y'all believe it's already 2013?! Cheers to the New Year! I'm not really one for New Years resolutions, but this year I have made a few goals for myself that I thought I'd share: 

Read the Entire Bible 
This is something I've always wanted to do, and since technology makes it so easy now, I figured I'd try to tackle it this year. I'm using the YouVersion and the "plan" I'm using takes less than 15 minutes a night, so I'm going to try to squeeze this into my nightly routine. 

Exercise More 
I really slacked on exercising this past semester, but thanks to the long walks around campus, I didn't gain any weight. But, I feel so much better when I exercise, so I'm hoping to get into a routine this semester! My roommate and I have become "exercise buddies," so I know that this goal WILL happen this semester. 

Write Down Three Things I'm Thankful for Each Night 
Sometimes I forget how lucky I truly am, so I'm going to try to write down three things I'm thankful for every night, to make sure I remember how blessed I am! 

What's one of your resolutions this year? Cheers to 2013, y'all! 

Miss Southern Prep 

7 comments:

  1. great resolutions-I hope your have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Resolutions. Especially the last one!!! Hope you're having a fabulous week. oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great resolutions, especially the last one! I think we all forget how blessed we are and I think reflecting on that daily would lead to a happier living. Have a wonderful new year!

    www.darlingprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resolutions, I'm thinking of adding the last one to my list as well, it's such a great idea. My resolution is to take better care of myself both mentally and physically, so more gym time and more sleep and some meditation.
    Happy 2013!

    LittlePinkRainBoots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fair warning: If you get behind on the Bible reading YouVersion will send you email reminders to come back and tell you why its important to read the Bible daily. *don't ask how I know this... runs & hides.

    I really love the last resolution. I might try this. I saw a friend on FB who wrote a note to himself and plans on opening it the start of 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of writing 3 things at night. That's a great idea because we all so often forget just how blessed we truly are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your back! Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!