Finals week is approaching, so I thought I'd share some of my study tips with y'all:
- Make a to-do list: This helps me so much! I make mine the night before, so I know exactly what I need to do the next day. I'm also super-stressed during the week, so if I make it the night before, I have time to plan all that I need to do and make sure I don't forget anything.
- Caffeine: This is a necessity!
- Sleep: Don't slack on sleep! A good night's sleep will be more beneficial than cramming for an extra hour or so and being so tired the next day. I need at least seven to eight hours a night during this week.
- Dress well: DO NOT wear sweats! I know it's so tempting, but dressing in casual, yet cute outfits will make you feel so much better.
- Flashcards: I make these for almost every class because they're the best study tool for me personally. I love that I can pull them out anywhere, even for just 5 minutes!
- Study Breaks: I give myself a 5-10 minute study break for every hour I study, depending on how intensely I'm studying. I call my mom, read a gossip magazine, or chat with a friend.
- Turn off your phone: I hide my phone so I don't get distracted by texts, emails, Instagram, etc.
- Don't waste time: All of those extra minutes on Pinterest, Instagram, Blogger, etc. really do add up! That's why I give myself a study break--I don't waste time while studying, and it gives me something to look forward to!
- Eat healthy: Don't fill-up on junk food, try to eat protein and healthy foods during the week!
What are some of your best tips? Good luck studying, y'all!
Miss Southern Prep