Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Study Tips a la Miss Southern Prep

Finals week is approaching, so I thought I'd share some of my study tips with y'all:
 
Study Tips a la Miss Southern Prep

  1. Make a to-do list: This helps me so much! I make mine the night before, so I know exactly what I need to do the next day. I'm also super-stressed during the week, so if I make it the night before, I have time to plan all that I need to do and make sure I don't forget anything. 
  2. Caffeine: This is a necessity! 
  3. Sleep: Don't slack on sleep! A good night's sleep will be more beneficial than cramming for an extra hour or so and being so tired the next day. I need at least seven to eight hours a night during this week. 
  4. Dress well: DO NOT wear sweats! I know it's so tempting, but dressing in casual, yet cute outfits will make you feel so much better.
  5. Flashcards: I make these for almost every class because they're the best study tool for me personally. I love that I can pull them out anywhere, even for just 5 minutes!
  6. Study Breaks: I give myself a 5-10 minute study break for every hour I study, depending on how intensely I'm studying. I call my mom, read a gossip magazine, or chat with a friend.
  7. Turn off your phone: I hide my phone so I don't get distracted by texts, emails, Instagram, etc.
  8. Don't waste time: All of those extra minutes on Pinterest, Instagram, Blogger, etc. really do add up! That's why I give myself a study break--I don't waste time while studying, and it gives me something to look forward to!
  9. Eat healthy: Don't fill-up on junk food, try to eat protein and healthy foods during the week!

What are some of your best tips? Good luck studying, y'all!
 
Miss Southern Prep

7 comments:

  1. I think these are great tips for lufe in general so you can focus on what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 4 is my favorite!! There are so many ways you can be comfy (liek the look you did) and still dress well! It's amazing what a little hair and make up can do to your confidence going to a test!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the kate spade watch and the monogram pillow...and who can forget koozies, i love those!

    -Lauren
    http://ourprettypieces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such good tips...I need to keep them in mind the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these tips NA. I'm in finals right now--2 (pull my hair out difficult) take home this week; and 2 in class next week! Hope you have the most wonderful Tuesday & Happy Studying. oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely great study tips...thanks for sharing. So glad to have found your blog! I hope you are enjoying this holiday season! If you get a chance, I would love for you to stop by and check out my post on some Christmas style and one of my favorite LBDs! Have a great day!

    xo Grace
    http://www.wrinkledchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful study tips!! I try to follow most of those, but sleep always seems to be a problem for me! When I am stressed, there seems to be no sleep! Will definitely be using these tips for finals next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!