Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Study Break!

I know I mentioned this on the Study Tips post, but I give myself a 5 to 10 min break during every hour of studying, depending on how intensely I'm studying. I know this doesn't work for everyone, but this gives me something to look forward to and keeps me from checking Instagram, Blogger, and texts every 5 minutes. Here are some of my favorite study breaks:
 
Study Break!

  1. Coffee Break: I need caffeine to keep me awake, so Starbucks and I are best friends during exam week.
  2. Reading a Magazine: I always bring something mindless to read during my breaks, like InStyle or US Weekly.
  3. Make a call: Calling my best friend or Mom, even for just a few minutes, always makes me feel better.
  4. Internet: Sometimes, I really want to check all of my social media sites and Blogger!
  5. Make yourself a healthy snack!
How often do you take study breaks? What do you do on your breaks? Have a great day!
 
Miss Southern Prep

P.S. Don't forget to enter my Memento giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. I've already done #1, #4, and #5 today. I'm doing #4 for the second time right now! One of my favorite ways to take a study break is to watch a show on Hulu...but watch it over the course of my breaks--so watch until 1 commercial, study, watch til the next commercial...and so on! I also love working out as a study break--but that is definitely a substantial break! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas!! I used to do this in college, too. Otherwise I'd get so distracted every couple of minutes. Having a break to look forward to helps me focus!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!