Tuesday, October 30, 2012

One of those days...

Have you ever had one of those days where absolutely everything goes wrong? Yesterday was that day for me--tears were shed, a lot of caffeine was consumed, and an hour was spent on the phone with my mom. I felt like absolutely every single thing that could go wrong did--I got a parking ticket, even though I had 20 minutes left on my meter, I forgot about a mandatory event that I have to attend today, but can't because of class, my printer broke, and I couldn't find parking, so I was late to class. On top of all that, I had a paper to write that night and was a bit under the weather. Not a fun day....at all.

I know we all have those days, and it's so hard to get out of that funk, especially when everything seems to go wrong. When I'm having one of those days, I try to fill it with some good things that make me happy. Here are my top 5 instant mood boosters:

The Real Housewives
I love watching old episodes of the Housewives, while curled up in my bed wearing leggings and a sweatshirt.
 
Starbucks
A latte always makes me happy, especially if it's pumpkin spice.

Mac and Cheese
There's a little place near my house that makes the best homemade Mac and Cheese. Obviously, I can't get it while I'm away at school, but it's always the first thing I ask my parents to have waiting for me when I come home on vacation! I guess it's my comfort food.

Gossip Magazines
I love taking a minute to completely zone out with some mindless reading! 

Flowers 
I try to have flowers in my room a lot of the time, because they're just so cheery! Peonies are my favorite (pink, of course), but I love having any flowers in my room! 

What makes you happy on a terrible day? Have a great day!

Miss Southern Prep
*Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

11 comments:

  1. Hope you have a better day!

    I go run - it snaps me out of my moods. Oh and taking a good shower too! I'm odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely have the same list of go-to things to help reverse a bad day. I'm guilty of laying on the couch with a hot drink, a stack of guilty pleasure magazines and a DVR filled with Housewives. I hope today is a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday (and today) haven't been that great for me either. Last night, I put on my most comfy clothes and watched episode after episode of Greek (one of my favourite shows), had starbucks and chocolate.

    I hope things get better for you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited that Real Housewives of B.Hills is back soon! Hope today is better, I hate overwhelming days :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe friend.....I hope that today is a better day!!

    I go for a long run & pray the whole time!! (or if I am too tired/lazy, I lay in bed at home & pray, journal or read some of my old Bible Study Fellowship notes) I just try to look UP!!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better! Those days are the worst but makes us thankful for the good days we have :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just think - the only way your week can go is UP! Here's to a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you had a rough day. I think it's hard being in college with so much going on all the time. A lot of the time I find it hard to deal with and even if the things that are happening seem small and silly, once the build up it can seem overwhelming. I like to deal with these days the same way you do!
    xoxo
    Megan
    www.arayofsunblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. peonies are my favorite, too!

    So sorry to hear about your rough day!! I promise, things will look up--it's the only way it can go :)

    It's good you could just cry it out--sometimes that's the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the rest of your week gets better! =) My favorite pick me ups are Starbucks and reading.

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you share that mac and cheese recipe? That looks divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!