Tuesday, September 18, 2012

USC, USC, USC!

Some of my friends will be graduating this May, and although it's still 8 months away, I'm starting to think about what I'm going to get them for graduation! I want their gifts to be unique and something that they'll actually use and love. 
 
While I was procrastinating one night, I came across the perfect gift--framed photographs from their campus that spell out either their school's name or mascot from Corduroy

 
According to Corduroy's website, "Corduroy produces striking pieces of artwork using original photographs of architectural and landscape elements that, when placed together, create words. These unique and memorable pieces provide a new perspective on familiar places and are the perfect gift for everyone on your list, including yourself!"  

I'm sure y'all have seen these before, but I had never realized what a perfect gift these would be for a grad! Corduroy has a large selection of schools to choose from, and each frame has a sticker on the back that tells which each letter came from!
 
I've gotten TONS of comments and emails asking me where I've transferred, but I guess y'all will know now...USC!! Anne, the owner, was sweet enough to send me this one to hang up in my apartment:
I LOVE that I have this sticker, telling me where each letter is from!
 
My roommates and I absolutely LOVE it, but we're waiting for my dad to come next weekend and hang it up with special hooks (it's so heavy), but once we get it up, I'll definitely show y'all a picture!
 
Here are some other popular schools and places: 
 

Wahoos!


 
Rivah!



 
Aren't these such an awesome gift for a grad, or for yourself?! Corduroy was generous enough to extend a 10% discount to all of my amazing readers with the code MISSPREP at checkout! This discount applies to any frame, not just the USC ones! It works at the main Corduroy site or their Etsy shop
 
This frame is the perfect addition to my "cocky" apartment! Which frame would you chose? Have a great day!
 
Miss Southern Prep
 
P.S. Thanks for all of your sweet get-well comments last week! I'm feeling much better!

4 comments:

  1. my sister and i try to take photos like these when we travel! we try to spell out the name of the place we are visiting! We got some great ones in Savannah and Charleston this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable idea! I've seen sets like this all over pinterest and even tried my hand at it once, but there's no comparison to th professionally taken pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos, they have ones of Charleston at the market! And I'm so glad that you call USC,USC. I have no idea what I am going to do when I move to Cali and someone says something about USC and they aren't talking about the REAL USC. Ya feel? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyy my alma mater! Hope you love it! I sure did! Let me know if you need any tips/questions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!