Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Preppy Dorm Showcase: Clare from Prep at the Beach

Today, I wanted to share Clare from Prep at the Beach's dorm room with y'all! Clare attends UNC Wilmington, and her room is full of pink and monograms--two things I adore!
______________________________________

 
This is an overview of my dorm room. My roommate and I decided not to match everything we had since we have different styles, but she incorporates some pink in her side, and I tried to add some blue into my side in order to pull it all together. 

 
I chose a simple grey and white striped bedspread for my bed, so that I could add fun throw pillows and blankets without it getting too overwhelming. I added a few pieces of wall art up around my bed to give some character to the blank white walls. 
 

I am obsessed with monograms, so I had to incorporate as many as I could into my dorm room. Both of my pillowcases are monogrammed and my two throw pillows are, as well. I also have a button "C" canvas art hanging over my bed. 

 


My desk is organized in a way that I can get as much done there as possible. I only have one picture on the top and the rest is strictly school supplies with a little area for my makeup. 
 

In a dorm room, it's almost impossible to find storage space for everything, so these cubbies from Target are perfect. I have six boxes in them that store everything from movies to cleaning supplies. I also have my alarm clock, fan, and storage basket with random things in it on top. I absolutely love those storage baskets; they are black with chevron print liners and work perfectly with my room. 
 
 
You have to remember that your dorm room is your home, so my roommate and I decided a futon would be useful to have a place for guests to sit. This is a mini futon, which is perfect for smaller areas, and I love the look it adds to my room. 
__________________________________________

I love all of the monograms and pink in Clare's room! She's done a fabulous job putting in as much storage as possible, and her room really does feel like a home away from home. Thanks so much for sharing, Clare!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Miss Southern Prep

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this series on your blog... it's so fun to see what girls have done with their dorms! Clare's room looks awesome. I'm loving the pops of pink and the chevron painting on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of your sofa... very unique! Thank you so much for sharing this..

    student apartments in bendigo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!