Tuesday, August 14, 2012

DIY: Rhinestone Monogram Wall Art


I saw the idea for this on Let's Be Preppy and loved it so much, I decided to make my own!

Supplies:
     -rhinestones (any colors you want!)
     -canvas of any size
     -hot glue gun
     -letters for whatever monogram you want to do

First, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought all of my supplies. I'm hanging a lot of different wall art in my room this year, so I decided to only do a small frame, so I bought one of the smallest canvases they had. I also bought two different colors of rhinestones--clear and multicolored. I ended up needing about 2 1/2 bags, and then I also used some small pearls I had left over from another craft.

Directions:

1. Either cut out or print out the letters you want to put on your board, and use small pieces of tape to tape them down in place.


2. Use your hot glue gun to glue pearls/rhinestones all around the canvas.

3. Once you glue rhinestones all around your letter(s), remove the letters, and you have your monogram wall art!
Although this craft was relatively easy, it took TONS of time and patience. I think I spent about 2 or 3 nights working on it, because it was just so time consuming! But it was totally worth it, and I'll definitely be hanging this in my room this year!
Have you done any DIY crafts for your room lately?Have a wonderful day! 

Miss Southern Prep

P.S. If you're interested in participating in the dorm showcase, email me ASAP! I'll also be announcing the monogram necklace winner tomorrow! 

10 comments:

  1. How crafty are you? I don't think I would have the patience for a project like this. But it looks very beautiful! I think I'll just admire yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such an awesome job!! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks sooo dang cute!! I wanna try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! Have a happy Thursday and be sure to check out my giveaway ending tonight!.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!