Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Steel Magnolias For Sale


One of my all time favorite movies is Steel Magnolias. I still remember the first time I saw it, I think I was 15 or 16, but I was seriously obsessed. I loved Julia Roberts and for some reason, I loved her faux-Southern accent, too. I think I made my mom watch it with me again at least three or four times just that week haha! So when I heard that M'Lynn and Drum's house (the house where Shelby is married) was actually for sale, I had to check it out! 

The house, which is located in Natchitoches, Louisiana, was converted into a Bed and Breakfast, and has 6 bedrooms and 6.5 baths. It can be all yours for just $1.175 million! 

The real house for sale

How it looked in the movie!


Isn't this porch just amazing?!?!

It looks like the producers left a lot of the interior alone, when shooting, because some of the rooms look exactly the same! 


Shelby's pink striped bedroom is a guest room in the B&B! 


The producers left the gorgeous front staircase the same, which we see when M'Lynn is preparing the house for Shelby's wedding. 


 LOVE the brick wall in the kitchen. 

Although I'm not sure a move to Louisiana is in my future, I would LOVE to go visit this B&B and see where Steel Magnolias was made! And if you haven't seen this movie, you must watch it (it's on Instant Watch on Netflix)! Hope you have a fabulous day, and don't forget to enter my giveaway

Miss Southern Prep 

10 comments:

  1. I love this house! I'll be in Louisiana for Mardi Gras and I'm tempted to go see it while i'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I want to live in this house!! Well at least visit. That is in the top 5 of my favorite movies! I love it, I was obsessed after I saw it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to visit it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be so much fun to go and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a gal that too loves blush and bashful anything, this is one of my very fave movies!

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such an awesome place! I really love the charm of most Lousiana houses :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing house! Wouldn't it be lovely to live there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great movie and i love the house! If only I had almost $1.2 mil to spare...

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my all time favorite movies too! As a little girl I loved Julia Robert's wedding dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that house too just for the porch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!