Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

A while ago, I went on a rant about my Dell computer and blogged about wanting a new laptop. I think I'm finally going to get a new computer this summer, a MacBook, so of course, I've been shopping around for some cute new laptop accessories! I usually carry my laptop with me to the library, so a laptop case is a must. The case I used for my Dell was just plain pink, so I've been looking for a cute new sleeve! Here are my top favorites: 




Which one do you like best? Do you have any tips on where to find a cute laptop sleeve?
_______________________________________

Last week, I told y'all that I was reading American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld, and I finally finished it this weekend. If you haven't heard of it, you can read a synopsis here


Overall, I really loved this book, except the ending. It started out a bit slow, and if you've read Laura Bush's book, Spoken From the Heart, you'll notice several similarities between the two. The President and First Lady, Charlie and Alice Blackwell are obviously based on former President and Mrs. Bush, so sometimes, it was hard to separate the characters from their real life counterparts. It also kind of annoyed me how badly the author portrayed President Blackwell, and the ending was terrible. It ended a bit abruptly, and I thought the ending changed my perception of the main character, too. However, I really loved this book and would definitely recommend it! 


Next, I'm reading Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes! What are y'all reading right now? Have a wonderful day, and don't forget to enter my giveaway--it ends tomorrow night at midnight! 

Miss Southern Prep 
*Book covers: 1, 2

9 comments:

  1. I love the first sleeve! It's very lilly-esque
    I personally bought my sleeve from Vera Bradley they always have some good choices

    Follow me back =]

    www.pinkcamoboots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Wife has been on my "To Read" list for forever so I'll definitely pick that one up. I read Bergdorf Blondes and it's a great chick lit book. Perfect for summer. I'm finally reading Tina Fey's Bossypants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first sleeve best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The DVF case is so cute.
    I really want to read American Wife, when I read the synopsis on Amazon I thought it was about Jackie Kennedy but hearing it's inspired by the Bush family made it much more interesting to me (no offense to the fascinating Kennedy's.) Right now I'm reading All She Ever Wanted by Lynn Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first sleeve! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices...the first is my fave! Bergdorf Blondes is one of my favourite books...I might have to re-read in the next couple of weeks! I loved Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld so I've been wanting to read American Wife for ages...I haven't because I haven't heard too many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Tory sleeve! The next book on my list to read is Bergdorf Blondes so you'll definitely have to post what you think of it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check here--saw this cute one on Pinterest:)
    http://www.brahmin.com/chevron-stripes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!