Friday, June 15, 2012

Changes

I usually try to keep this blog upbeat and often don't share things that are too personal, but today, I just need to vent. 

This past year, there were a lot of changes going on at my school--a lot of my friends transferring, rules changing, my major department being reorganized--and I decided that it was time for a change. I normally hate change more than anything, but sometimes, it can be a good thing. For those of y'all who don't know, I attended a small, private liberal arts school in the South, but I just wasn't in love with it. 

So, I decided to take some time to just clear my head, apply to different schools, and decide what I wanted to do. I wasn't sure if I'd actually transfer, but after applying to a few different schools, I finally decided to attend a large SEC school that I was looking at during high school. 

Although I'm SO nervous, things have started to fall into place. One of my friends who goes to school there is going to get an apartment with me, not all of my credits will transfer, but the blessing is that I can still rush, which I've been looking forward to, and I already have a group of friends who attend school there.

This whole experience has reminded me that sometimes change can be a good thing, and I cannot wait to start this next part of my life! 

Sorry for such a serious post today, I just needed to vent! Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend, and don't forget to enter my giveaway

Miss Southern Prep

18 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I was exactly in the boat as you this past year. Coming out of high school, I had plans to attend a large university with my friends and at the last minute, plans changed and I ended up staying closer to home. However, I this fall I am transferring over. Though, I'm a bit scared and nervous, I know this is what I've always wanted. Good luck and positive thoughts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I started out at a small liberal arts school and I am actually still very connected to that school. But after two years, I just sort of outgrew it. And transferred to UGA. Where I went through Recruitment and found my Greek home. And over a decade later, I still serve my sorority as a Chapter Advisor. You can totally do this!! I'm so curious to know which SEC school though!

    Go dawgs and go Greek!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be proud of yourself for making the decision to switch schools - you have to be an incredibly strong person to do that! And it sounds like all the pieces are falling into place :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck at your new school love! The SEC is a great place to be! I don't know where you're going, but I'm sure you'll love it! Especially come football season!

    xoxo, Emily
    (If you're going to UGA)go dawgs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that the transition goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother always told me that sometimes the right choices don't seem so easy. Your new school will bring all sorts of new opportunities for you! This new chapter will be the best one yet I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless your heart! I wish you nothing short of a fantabulous experience!!!

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with everything! I am sure everything will work out just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Change can be so hard, but I have a feeling you'll have no regrets about this one! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are already over the first hurdle, you decided your school was not a good fit for you and you are moving on!!

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with everything and congrats :) I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Change is hard but hopefully this will be for the best! Good luck with your transition!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Change can be hard but it sounds like you put a lot of thought into it. I wish the best of luck at your new school and rush. And welcome to the SEC!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. On to a new adventure! I hope you're happy at your new school and enjoy recruitment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best of luck with everything! Changes can be so rough, but you sound like you're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow I really admire your strength to make that decision! I know it must have been difficult but I'm sure this next school will be the one for you! Your going to love being in a sorority! It'll really help you adjust to a new school!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adventures are great! I went to a large SEC and loved it! I rushed my sophomore year (since as a freshman I didn't realize rush started a day later). I got in the sorority I wanted and loved my college years! You will too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!