Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Planning Ahead

Even though I use the calendar on my Blackberry for reminders, I still write down everything in a daily paper agenda. I've tried so many different ones, I can't even begin to list them all! This year, I've used two different agendas: a Lilly one and an Elle and Em Desktop Planner. Although I loved the Lilly one, personally, I didn't think there was enough space for everything I needed to write. Because of the lack of space, there ended up being tons of Post-its throughout my planner, which turned it into a mess. The pictures and busyness of the planner got a little annoying, too. 

When I reviewed a planner for Elle and Em, I began using that planner, and I loved that it was more plain and offered lots of room for notes and writing. However, over the past few months, it's gotten ripped, torn, wrinkled and had stuff spilled on it. Needless to say, I'm in definite need of a new planner soon. 

I've been looking at different options and would love y'alls input! Here are my top choices: 

Erin Condren Planner
A lot of my friends have these planners and swear by them! I love how organized everything is! 

May Books Planner 
I love that you get to design your own, but I've never seen one in person, so I'm not sure if there will be enough room! 

Lilly Planner 
If I can't find another planner I love, I may go with another Lilly planner again, even if I do have to sacrifice some room. 

Gallery Leather Planner 
I love how durable and sturdy this planner seems! I also love the amount of space it offers throughout. 

What type of planner do you use? Which one of these would you choose? I'd love your advice/suggestions!
______________________________________


Just wanted to let y'all know that jojo loves you, which has amazing costume jewelry, is having a HUGE Memorial Day Bling sale! All of the jewelry is handmade, and I love their Mini Party Round Bling earrings! 

The sale begins this Friday, May 25th, and runs through the 28th! All of the products are available through their online store, which you can access here

Make sure you check out the sale, all of their stuff is so cute! I'm hoping to add these to my cart this weekend: 


Aren't the opals light and perfect for summer? 

Have a fabulous day, and don't forget to enter my giveaway

Miss Southern Prep 
Photo: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

14 comments:

  1. I have the Erin Condren planner. I love it BUT I wish it was larger. I have a hard time getting everything I want into the small squares!! (I write large) I wish it was more like an 8x10. They have a new one out so I need to ck the size. Otherwise, I am not sure I am getting another.

    Can't wait to hear others thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo picky about my planner. I have a super basic plan-it one like http://www.amazon.com/2012-13-Planner-Academic-Calendar-Organizer/dp/B003H29SCO/ref=pd_sbs_op_1. It's nothing special visually, but I can't stand how bulky most of them are, and I don't like the leather ones because you can't bend it around to lay flat to each week. Mine have to be weekly, with just lines and no times on the days. And I can't stand a cardboard cover or boxes instead of lines for each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard such great things about Erin Condren, but I'm just not ready to drop $50 on a planner...these all look great though! I'm thinking I'll probably stick to a Wal-Mart planner for all my teaching dates, but it won't be near as styling as these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a Maybook planner this year, and I loved it! However, I'm opting for a change for next year and switching to Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an Erin Condren planner that I LOVE!!! And you can choose your own cover design and even put a picture on the front or back of your planner to customize it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard the Erin Condren ones are phenomenal! My best friend has one and swears by it. I think I'm going to end up getting one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go for the Erin one...that's what all my friends use. I just use my iPhone, but really need to get something so I can write everything down..I'm always better when I have things written down!!! Happy Hump Day! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my Lilly one but you say you've had it before, so you know if it works for you! I just love the illustrations, they make me so happy!

    I am loving the May Books one though... sucker for anything monogrammed, duh!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally like Peter Pauper Press planners. A friend gave me one as a gift years ago and it's all I use. I find there's sufficient room to keep track of everything and they are durable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin Condren for sure. I also loved the Mom Agenda (I used the extra room for phone messages from work, to keep track...rather than using it to schedule the family, if that makes any sense).
    I love those earrings, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This year Lilly has a jumbo sized planner instead of small and large! Maybe that would work?

    xoxo,
    Frannie
    theblondeprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love month-at-a-glace calendars.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love my Erin Condren planner! It's so well organized!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This year, Lilly is offering an even bigger size that you can get! You can't go wrong with those adorable designs.
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!