Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Perfectly Done Polka Dots

The other day, I stumbled across this photo, and instantly added it to my "Future Home" folder on my desktop.

Master Bedroom modern bedroom

I, like most preppy girls, absolutely love polka dots! However, I'd never really think to use them in my house, unless it was in a kid's room or playroom. But after seeing this master use them so well, I decided to look for the use of polka dots in other "grown-up" rooms throughout the house. 

I love the poolside polka dots!

The polka dots on the pillows are perfect--not too overwhelming! 

Sophisticated Key West Style traditional bedroom
I love how everything about this guest room is soothing! The polka dots aren't too crazy and loud.

Andrea May Hunter Gatherer eclectic hall
This wallpaper is a little much for me, but it definitely makes a statement!

LOVE the tablecloth! 

What do you think--do you or would you ever use polka dots in your house? Have a wonderful day! 

Miss Southern Prep 
Photo: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 

13 comments:

  1. I love polka dots in the home! I'm always adding to pintrest boards for my future home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love polka dots in the house, but only subtly. I don't have any in mine, but I sure would! My bedding when I lived in my sorority house in college was black and white polka dot with hot pink. I do miss my preppy, girly decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute finds! I love how understated they are in most cases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love polka dots! I have bags and sheets and iphone covers with a lot of dots! Cute pictures, loved the pool side cushions! :)

    iammkroxc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any in my house...yet! I love it, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think as long as it's two colours only and the right colours (like the photos you've chosen - all fab) polka dots can be really chic in the home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE those polka dot bar chairs in the kitchen!!! I love the idea of neutral color fabric with white polka dots! And you must invest in the Kate Spade polka dot dish collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I love of these pictures. I think I need those polka dot chairs in my kitchen how pretty! The polka dot tablecloth is stunning as well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if I'd use polka dots in my home...but I love the pool side chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chairs in that kitchen! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these! They are too perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of these! They are too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!