On Friday, I'm going to stay with one of my friends at her house for the weekend. Of course, I'm taking a hostess gift, but I haven't decided just what yet! Here are some items that I think are perfect to give a gracious host/hostess!
- Alcohol--Bringing a bottle of the host/hostess' favorite bottle of wine or liquor is always appropriate, especially for a dinner party!
- A Book--My mom loves interior design, so one time, a guest brought her an interior design book to put on our coffee table, and I thought it was a great idea! Just make sure you choose one that you know the host will appreciate!
- Monogrammed dish towels
- Cheese with a cute cheese knife or cutting board
- A baked treat from the host's favorite bakery or restaurant--You can even make the treat yourself, but it seems so thoughtful when you make/pick-up something that you know the host will just love!
- A nice box of tea
- Monogrammed serving tray
- A frame--Bonus points if it's monogrammed!
- Fresh flowers--Fresh flowers are always appreciated!
- Monogrammed Tervis Tumblers--I think these would be perfect if you were staying at a friend's vacation home! Can you ever have too many Tervis tumblers?!
Obviously, hostess gifts are situational, so pick the appropriate gift based on the occasion and the host's likes and dislikes. Also, don't forget to send a thank-you note after leaving! I always write mine as soon as I get back, and send it the next day, so everything is fresh in my mind. I promise the host/hostess will appreciate it!
What do you bring as a gift to parties or when you stay with a friend for the weekend? Hope you have a great week!
Miss Southern Prep