Monday, February 6, 2012

Spot On

If you're like me, you've been loving the animal print trend. I think animal prints can very easily become cheap-looking, if overdone, so I try to mix them into my outfits in small doses. I think the key to wearing animal prints is to keep the piece with the print the focal point and definitely pair it with solid colors and/or neutrals. 
I love these Tory Burch Revas, but I would definitely pair them with a neutral dress and minimal accessories, so they outfit isn't too overwhelming. I also love this scarf, but because it's such a loud print, it's definitely best to pair it with solids and a neutral-colored top! The dress proves that you can definitely wear statement animal prints, but to make sure you keep everything else simple, to keep focus on the dress! If you love animal prints, but are afraid to try them, I'd invest in a fun, small accessory, such as the belt, which you can easily add to an LBD! 

Since I'm loving the animal print trend, here are some items I'm loving! 











How do you feel about this trend? Have a great day! 

Miss Southern Prep 

16 comments:

  1. I am a huge fun of the animal print accessories! I'm not sure I can pull it off in huge doses, but I love a touch of the print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right... animal print has to be done right if you're going to wear it! And these are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually not one for prints, but I find myself so attracted to this trend. I scored this super-cute leopard print cardigan at Target and since then I've been on the hunt for some leopard ballet flats. Love the Tory Burch ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I didn't get into it because I didn't want it to go out of style the next year but I did get a shirt this year at J. Crew. The woman said it's always been in style, just with a little bit on an outfit at the time like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved leopard since I was little. I love the looks you put together, you have great fashion sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee animal prints in small doses. Those leopard shoes are phenomenal. Love your choices!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these looks, I wear animal print but usually at night and in small doses...I may try for more day wear this spring though;)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  8. great minds think alike! love the post and leopard!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these prints too. Super feminine and posh.
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved animal prints and have wanted those Revas forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this post, I love animal prints, but like you mentioned, I'm worried about looking tacky, I really like the belt and the scarf, those are additions I can definitely deal with! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely obsessed. I have been looking for the perfect leopard scarf and havent been able to find one yet. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you, there's a fine line between doing chic animal print and doing cheap animal print. You made great looks my favorite is the second outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like to wear animal print. I especially love that Kate Spade purse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love animal print!!!

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the sweet comments, y'all!